STUCK VIDEO IS CRAP !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poguemahone

The Fly
just saw stuck video,its crap! why did they take such a beautiful song and turn into a stupid video,just to get on to mtv. the video has nothing to do withthe song!!!

You should watch if a few times to see that it does have to do with the song. The entire video was Hewson stuck in that terrible moment, and each of the bandmembers reacting as well. At the end, you can kinda see he got through it.

yeah thats obvious. but they could have done so much more with this song. this is an incredible song.

My only complaint with the whole video is the edit of the song just dosen't sound right. With U2 singing in a dome, reminds me of seeing PoPmart, and I'm a big football fan so I guess I'd like it no matter what
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
My only complaint with the whole video is the edit of the song just dosen't sound right. With U2 singing in a dome, reminds me of seeing PoPmart, and I'm a big football fan so I guess I'd like it no matter what
wink.gif

You're so easy to please.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

This has nothing to do with the topic, since I haven't seen the new Stuck video yet, but....

PogueMahone, are you the same PogueMahone that frequents www.saturday-night-live.com?

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

I think this vid really looks at the song from another angle, which after months of listening to, as a very serious tune, I did'nt think was possible. It's as far from the European version as could be, and IMO does a great job in capturing the idea of the song. It's definitely not what I was prepared for, and I was surprised at how well it works...

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

I just can't stand the beginning intro by John Madden at all. It's horrid and disgraceful. If they had to cheapen some songs with idiotic "clever" quotes, why not songs that are already cheap, not Unforgettable Fire and Sunday Bloody Sunday. Good God.

mad.gif
I still haven't seen the vid!!!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Red Ships of Scalla-Festa:
you will never be satisfied. id love to see how great your videos would be if you were in a band.

me too!

the Stuck song is crap, I don't see the big deal about the video being so as well.

I just saw the video myself, and like some of you, my first thought other than seeing the band, was not a positive one. I also thought, what did that fool Joseph Khan do to such a beautiful song??? But, I doubt U2 would do "anything" just to get on mtv! They are no sell outs, they just have a different perspective about the songs and their meaning. After seeing the video again, I think it's a lighthearted look at a tough, emotional song. I like it, but, I can really do with out Madden, I have never liked the man!!
IMO...they should have chosen soccer instead of football, but that is just my opinion.
wink.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Well I think it's great. A hell of a lot better than Elevation!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Back
Top Bottom