Stuck on VMA did make an impact!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
Hey guys, this girl from work was very excited talking to me about U2's performance on the MTV MVA and said what an amazing song "Stuck" was.
She told me that she got chills listening to the song.
I talked to her about the song and the video and she was moved by all of it.
I work at Target so she bought the cd last night and played it after the store closed.
smile.gif

Oh, and she also said; "Bono is hot and The Edge is a cutie". I couldn't agree more!
biggrin.gif

It's true! A lot of my non U2 fan friends are loving the song. And they too have finally bought the new album(not so new anymore).

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Stuck could be the biggest single off the album! The song is catchy, the video caters to the younger audience, and the general public seems to be loving anything U2 does right now!

I also think that the acoustic "Stuck" that snuck out in to the slipstream may be part of the plan: once the normal version and its light-hearted video climbs the charts as far as it will and begins its descent, they COULD release the acoustic version to radio -- and a simpler, more serious video (a la WOWY or the NY version of One).

IF the haunting acoustic version gets out into the general public, we may infact have not only the biggest single of ATYCLB, but the biggest U2 single ever.

But that just may be wishful thinking.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

That performance of Stuck In A Moment was so good. I think that was the best I have heard the song sound. My mother, who is not a U2 fan, was watching the VMAs with me and said "Wow! Is this new? This is nice!". I hope it gets more radio airplay than Elevation did. I'm still surprised that one faded so fast. At least MTV and VH-1 gave it plenty of exposure.

it's funny that everyone who doesn't like "Stuck ..." is posting here at Interference

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

'Wow, wouldn't it be something if Brian Eno wins his bet? '

The bet's off. Stuck wasnt a huge hit in most places around the world.

------------------
'Closer than ever to everybody's wife'

Originally posted by Slapnutz:
'Wow, wouldn't it be something if Brian Eno wins his bet? '

The bet's off. Stuck wasnt a huge hit in most places around the world.

No, that's not quite right - at least yet.

"Stuck..." was #2 in the U.K., #1 in Ireland and #3 in Australia. While "Beautiful Day" reached #1 in all three countries, it only hit #21 in the U.S. If "Stuck..." is able to chart higher than #21 in the U.S., then it's debatable whether Eno truly lost his bet.

So with this momentum, should we see if Kev can change our TRL voting thing and vote the hell out of Stuck? Its a new video and people really seemed to like the songs. If you go over to the MTV boards, alot of people were asking about that song and saying U2's performance was one of the best that night.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by mikal:
It's true! A lot of my non U2 fan friends are loving the song. And they too have finally bought the new album(not so new anymore).

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Stuck could be the biggest single off the album! The song is catchy, the video caters to the younger audience, and the general public seems to be loving anything U2 does right now!

Mikal I agree with you 100%. I watched the VMA's with a buddy who likes R&B and top 40 shit(e), and I kept telling him U2 was gonna come on and blow the hell out of the rest of the performers.

Well, despite the inept MTV, they did. And my buddy liked elevation, but really was blown away by 'stuck'. I scratch my head as to why they don't release a live version of stuck vs. the album/single version.

doctorwho, or should I say doctorwhoareyoukidding- chart position isn't everything my friend. Everyone knows that stuck fizzled in europe just like walk on, because it wasn't at these chart positions you mention for a long enough period. and it had no impact on the music world when it was a single there. you smell horrible and you need to wash your dogs.

BOTH Stuck and Elevation continue to get alot of airplay over here, and KROQ the heavy alt rock station is playing the ACOUSTIC Stuck in a Moment. Does anyone know where that version is from, when/why they recorded it, how it can be found and of course, where it can be downloaded?

U2LA!

It's at u2station.com

I hear people have had trouble downloading from that site today though.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

no. eno definitely lost. he said it would be their biggest hit ever and it wasn't so that's that.

Originally posted by Bastardy:
no. eno definitely lost. he said it would be their biggest hit ever and it wasn't so that's that.

I still disagree. By YOUR definition, what do you consider U2's "biggest hit ever" so far? If you say "With or Without You" then please keep in mind that while this song was #1 in the U.S., it was only #2 in Canada and #4 in the U.K. If you say "I Still Haven't..." then note that this song, while again hitting #1 in the U.S., only reached #6 in the U.K. and #11 in Canada. If you say "Desire" because it reached #1 in the U.K., note that it only reached #3 in the U.S. And as I pointed out in an earlier post, while "Beautiful Day" hit #1 in Canada and the U.K., it's highest chart position on the U.S. Hot 100 was #21.

Therefore, it seems to me that with "Stuck..." reaching #2 in the U.K., #3 in Australia and #1 in Ireland - and yet to truly get going in the U.S. or Canada, this song is VERY MUCH so in the running for U2's biggest hit ever.

Back
Top Bottom