Stuck In Your Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawk269

Acrobat
So what songs or catchy melodies are stuck in your head right now?

For me, it is Crumbs From Your Table. I'm not sure why...it's not even my favorite song from the album (Miracle Drug is at the moment). It's something about how the deep vocal is delivered in the chorus accented by the Edge's classic jangling guitar (denoted by ...):

You speak...of signs and wonders
I need...something other
I would believe...if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table

Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed
Sister Anne she says
Dignity passes by

Such powerful lyrics, delivered by someone who has seen the suffering first hand, and tried to free these people from their death sentence.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one...! "Crumbs" is not at all my favorite song on this album...I like it a lot, but it's honestly one of my LEAST favorites. I just don't think it's all that outstanding; well-written and well-performed, to be sure, but pretty much by-the-numbers and predictable. Even so, I CANNOT ESCAPE IT!!!!! It's in my head 24/7...not sure if that's a good thing, cuz I'll probably never be able to listen to it again if this keeps up for much longer. The last time this happened to me with U2 was "Do You Feel Loved?" and to this day (while I still appreciate and respect the song), it's my least-favorite song on Pop . Great song, but I burned out on it without evening listening to it that much...!

for some reason, I have "Yahweh !!!!" stuck in my head. I guess because it's the last song on the album....

Crumbs is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe the best song on the album. Ok its the only one Ive heard besides Vertigo, but its great!!!

Hawk269 said:
So what songs or catchy melodies are stuck in your head right now?

You speak...of signs and wonders
I need...something other
I would believe...if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table

Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed
Sister Anne she says
Dignity passes by

so funny, the same line has been running through my head since saturday night!!!! my fave on the album too....

OH!
YOU!
LOOK!
SO!
BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL
TONI-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

:yes:

"I could never take a chance,
Of leaving love to find romance"

Had this in my head ALL BLOODY DAY...

I loved COBL right away. Now it's been OOTS for the last few days. Just love that tune. Edges kicks in with the guitar and it's Bono's voice:
"And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
And I kneel ‘cos I want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you’re not

Everywhere you go you shout it
You don’t have to be shy about it"

Lovin' it more and more every play.

I love CFYT, and I'm really starting to love Yahweh. Man for whatever reasons those songs just stick in my head. CFYT's opening riff kills me everytime and I love the melody. Man, I can't wait to hear this live!!!

For some reason I've always got Are you gonna wait forever in my head.

Back
Top Bottom