STUCK IN A south american city AND I CAN'T GET OUT OF IT.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

former Dead Man

Babyface
Hey. Although I don't have it as bad as many Americans who have lost friends or family, I have been pretty down lately because my 3 day trip to LIMA PERU for business has turned into a 2 week trip because of the flight problems.

Granted, Lima is a great city, but I surely do miss my beautiful wife, Nancy. We have only been married 3 months, and this is the first time I've had to spend more than 2 nights away. I'm trying to stay focused on the blessings that God has given me, and His soverign grace. Its amazing how many South Americans that I had the pleasure of teaching a class to down here have given US their sympathy and have been praying for us. I met with representatives from all the countries south of the equator. What a great continent!

What's even greater about this continent is a television chanel called M2, that plays music videos. They just showed an hour long U2 video mix, that really cheered me up just at the right time!

ALL SOUTH AMERICANS POST HERE,... Y DIGAME ?QUE TAL?

Hey, Dead Man, welcome to the forum. You asked for South Americans, so here I am, from Brazil. Have you been to my country any time? If you haven?t, I bet you would like it.

People here are really concerned with the US tragedy. I hope you can go back to US and to your wife soon
smile.gif

hey, thanks, follower. "agradabo" (or whatever the word for thanks is in Portugese). and "hoy. dudu ben" (hello. how are you). Sorry I do not know how to spell it in Portugese, but I can say it okay.

Anyway, I have not been to Brasil yet, but I worked with many people from Sao Paolo when I worked at Epcot last year. They are all great people. (and beautiful women). I also worked with a bunch of guys from Saudi, and they are also nice people. I am afraid of many US citizens stereotyping all Middle Easterns as terrorists, but maybe only the idiots will do that. Everybody wants to find someone to blame and then have that person or people put to justice, but its not that easy.

Actually, I have been on this forum for almost a year under my usual name, Bluegrass Bono. However, since I did not have my password down here with me, I had to use this new name. Thanks for the welcome, though.

LOL Dead Man, the word for thanks is obrigado, if you?re a man, or obrigada, if you?re a woman (my case
wink.gif
). And hello, how are you? is oi, tudo bem?

But you?re doing well
smile.gif

Maybe I should warn you that there are not so many people from South America participating in this forum, I myself just know a few.

So are you still stuck in Lima? Yesterday I saw the news on TV and there are some people from US stuck in S?o Paulo and Rio de Janeiro also, same reason as you. One man said he is tired of samba, Sugar Loaf, Corcovado, LOL, he just want to go home soon.

Although I?m not from your country I might say I?m concerned about the blind fear of many US citizens, making them stereotype all people from Arab descent as terrorists. It?s no good for anybody. You?re right.

Hey sorry you're stuck there, I personally miss Brazil and anything of Latin American culture so much. I was born in Brazil and still have relatives there but have been living in the US for 10 long years. I actually wouldn't mind getting stuck if I wasn't in the same situation as you, actually I almost did as my plane was seized in the US cause the airline Transbrasil didn't pay the lease (follower I'm sure you heard of it) I had to buy tickets to go with another airline. BTW you're right the music channels are much better and I had a blast watching walk on 4 -5 times a day when I was there. Hang in there though everything will get sorted out soon enough.
-Marina

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-15-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom