Stuck In A Moment radio airplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericb

The Fly
How much did you hear this song on the radio? I live in NJ and get some NYC stations, and they have played the hell out of this song, yet the highest it got on the Billborad charts was #52. For a song that didn't crack the top 40 it gets a lot of airplay. Did those of you in other parts of the US not hear this played much, or did you hear it a lot too?

I heard it pretty often, which is good, since I don't listen to the radio much. BD and Stuck are the only singles from ATYCLB that the radio stations around here really played...I only heard Elevation a couple times, and I've never heard Walk On on the radio.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 01-13-2002).]

I'm in Northern Florida, and I heard Beautiful Day and real good bit, Stuck a little bit, but Elevation and Walk On not a bit
biggrin.gif

I'm from Rhode Island, and I hear "Stuck" on the radio all the time. It's played on the two major top 40 stations, and on the Adult stations. Both Stuck and BD have gotten major airplay in RI. I was also surprised that Stuckonly got to #52 on Billboard.

It's still played a lot, six months after it was released

I'm in L.A. and since Thanksgiving Stuck has been all over the radio, especially Star 98.7 the Adult Top 40 station. I am surprised it never cracked the Top 40 on Billboard!

I'm in Idaho. I heard Beautiful Day a lot, and Stuck a fair amount. But, what I think is weird is that I have never heard Elevation. I thought that song would take off on pop radio. I still don't understand it. I heard In a Little While a couple of nights ago on a "World Music" station. It sounded great.

I'm living in Oklahoma. I recall hearing Beautiful Day all the time! Non-fans would have called it overkill. I only heard Elevation and Walk On once, and Stuck maybe once or twice. I only listen to the radio when I'm in my car, so maybe I'm not the best person to report on this subject, but I'd say that Beautiful Day was played more than any other ATYCLB single, and I'm not just referring to highest chart position. I think that currently, Beautiful Day is getting more airplay than any other U2 song.

I've heard Elevation nearly every day since May, Walk On nearly as much, Beautiful Day slightly less, and Stuck only 5 or 6 times.

Yeah, in NJ/NYC Beautiful Day got the most amount of airplay, and still does more than the other singles. Walk On for the first month got played and then I never heard it again, Elevation I heard all of 3 times the first week it was out and then never again. Stuck is still going strong, and Peace On Earth I heard a lot after 9/11, more than I heard Walk On and Elevation. I'm still surprised that Elevation wasn't a smash hit in the US. The first time I heard it I thought that they had a top 10 hit with that one for sure.

I live in upstate NY, and I can't say I've heard Stuck a lot. I heard it more when it first came out. I hear Beautiful Day the most, Walk On I rarely hear. I thought Elevation was released as a single, but I've never heard it on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom