Stuck in a Moment National Tragegy version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chirpie

Babyface
I read this bit on someone else's web site today, but I haven't heard this myself... does anyone else know anything about it?

Someone trash or lock this if it's already been brought up...

" Wednesday morning, when I got into my car to drive to work, the first thing I did was flick on the radio as I always do. First thing I heard was a rendition of U2's "Stuck in a Moment" with the radio voiceovers, reports, and screams from Tuesday's events with the music in the background. I just began bawling. I couldn't help it. I started my day by crying in my car. I just cried and cried..."

Um, thats horrible. I hope that's not true. Cuz I'll have to kick some radio station ass.... I dont think U2 would do that.

Freak_anim.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 09-13-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Um, thats horrible. I hope that's not true. Cuz I'll have to kick some radio station ass.... I dont think U2 would do that.

Freak_anim.gif

I don't know that I'd be sore at the band... it's kind of like elton john's tribute to 'england's rose' after the death of princess d.

sometimes people need things to rally around... though i might agree with you in that this probably shouldn't be one of them...

Originally posted by chirpie:

I don't know that I'd be sore at the band...

I didnt say I was sore at the band... I probly wouldnt be... but I dont think I'd care to hear Stuck with people screaming in the back ground.

------------------

Sicy's Website

Are you sure it was Stuck, chirpie?
There is a remixed version of Peace On Earth which I personally think is quite poignant(kobayashi does have a heart, in spite of his cold demeanor and dark suit!)
I believe it is from a DC radio station and is linked to at either youtwo.net, or u2log.com.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
There is a remixed version of Peace On Earth which I personally think is quite poignant(kobayashi does have a heart, in spite of his cold demeanor and dark suit!)
I believe it is from a DC radio station and is linked to at either youtwo.net, or u2log.com.

I know only what I read... the person who wrote it could have gotten it confused... but like I said... I can only speculate from where I sit...

that sounds like another tragedy

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I did hear this earlier today on a New Hampshire radio station...WGIR 101.1FM.
Its "Stuck" interspliced with news soundbites about the tragedy. I doubt the band had anything to do with it whatsoever.
I have heard similar songs before tied in to Tom Cruise movies(Bruce's "Secret Garden" with Jerry Maguire clips and Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" with Days of Thunder clips) and usually these are the creation of a disc jockey.
Methinks in this case it is in poor taste and I was sad to hear they used U2 to do it.

[This message has been edited by Hewson (edited 09-13-2001).]

Yes, I'm in Boise, Idaho and heard Stuck with intersplicing of the tragedy. It was weird. There were moments when I was touched and there were moments when I thought, "oh, leave this song out of it". It was too weird.

Hmm I'm listening to Peace on Earth right now. It's cool but chilling. And makes me want to cry.

triste.gif

------------------

Sicy's Website

Our radio station has been playing a version of "Lightning Crashes" by Live with radio reports and such mixed in.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by kobayashi:
Yeah on DC101 it was #2 on the daily countdown show last night. We also listened to it in school today. Does it count as a single? Or will it only be around for a couple weeks?

I've also heard the same thing done with Live's 'Lightning Crashes' and Enya's 'Only Time' (???)
'One' and 'Imagine' have been on heavy rotation too.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

I haven't heard this reworked song yet, but unlike most of you, I'm THRILLED it is U2. I'm honored that U2 was the band who was chosen to provide comfort; the band who was able to provide solace while not ever forgetting the horrible events of Tuesday; the perfect band, who created the perfect song that might give someone, somewhere some peace. I am proud that U2 can do this service for humanity, just as I was proud that Elton John was able to honor Princess Di in his unique way. Even though U2's role was less involved than John's in the creation of this remixed song, far better that it was U2, who has always showed the world their compassionate side, than some artist who sponsors Pepsi or Burger King.

If its U2's doing, I'm cool with it. If its just radio stations hacking up their songs.... well I dont think I'm cool with that.

------------------

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
If its U2's doing, I'm cool with it. If its just radio stations hacking up their songs.... well I dont think I'm cool with that.

Actually, I PREFER it to be a radio station than U2. If U2 did it, it might come across as U2 attempting a new (and pathetic) marketing ploy, by creating a remixed version of this song that focuses on this tragedy.

However, if a radio station did it (and I'm sure it was), then I'm rather honored. I'm honored that a station thought U2 was the perfect band to comfort and soothe us in this time of tragedy.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 09-13-2001).]

I don't see anything wrong at all with this. I mean, they're doing this with countless songs across the country... it just serves as background music for the clips to provide a moment of reflection. I know they did this to a Leanne Rhymes song this morning on the country station here (I only know this because the bus driver had this station playing... yes, I unfortunately have been riding the bus) Anyway, don't fret!

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Back
Top Bottom