Strictly limited, numbered European tour edition Elevation single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Does anyone have any info about this single? I just bought it as an import here and I've never seen a single that said that before.
confused.gif

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Does anyone have any info about this single? I just bought it as an import here and I've never seen a single that said that before.
confused.gif

Well, the single isn't that strictly limited (I believe there are at least 50,000 copies of it). As you can see, the single is numbered. It was on sale in several European countries (Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany and France, maybe even more). Anyway, enjoy it for the tracks on it (3 from Irving Plaza) and the poster. I haven't bought it as I already had those 3 tracks officially (from the Sunday Times promotional CD).

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I have the Sunday Times cd also. I bought this one, well, cuz too many U2 cd's isn't ever enough for me! lol How can I tell if I got a "good" number for this cd? Is there any way to tell??

I have one too, I think it has a special number on the sticker they put on the back. If someone knows something different, please tell me.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

How can I tell if I got a "good" number for this cd? Is there any way to tell??

What do you mean: "good" number?

Every number is a good number AFAIK.

Marty

------------------

Well being an on and off book collector also, a "good" number is the smallest number you can find if the edition is numbered. That's why I was asking about all this silly stuff in the first place.
smile.gif
My big questions I guess would be exactly how many cd's were pressed (ie 50,000 or whatever) and what exactly will tell me what number cd the copy is that I have?

Well being an on and off book collector also, a "good" number is the smallest number you can find if the edition is numbered. That's why I was asking about all this silly stuff in the first place.
smile.gif
My big questions I guess would be exactly how many cd's were pressed (ie 50,000 or whatever) and what exactly will tell me what number cd the copy is that I have?

OK, I still dont have the CD, but I've seen it numerous times in the shops. IIRC, the # is printed at the left hand side at the back. That's all I know.

Marty

------------------

As far as I know there were 50.000 pressed. There are no "good" or "bad" numbers. Different countries got different numbers. I don't know where 00001-10000 were/are sold. I guess UK/Ireland. I've got No. 38462. There were 7000 released in Germany, so I guess they are numbered from 35000-42000 or 33000-40000 or something like that.

If I'm looking at mine right I've got 58403. That's the number by the barcode. Does that sound right?

Seems like it.

Marty (who feels he may be wrong saying that the edition was limited to 50,000 copies)

------------------

Originally posted by Popmartijn:
Marty (who feels he may be wrong saying that the edition was limited to 50,000 copies)
my local Free-Record shop allone holds 30,000 copies (well, at least it almost seems so)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I guess I am not as cool as the rest of you.
I have this, but have no idea what the number was. Didn't even look.

I REFUSE TO CONFORM!!!!

*reminds myself to check out my CD later*

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

Does the DVD count?
biggrin.gif

Well, if so, I have #00407

I dunno.
And I'm pretty sure the early numbers would be Ireland as we had it a fair few days before the UK.
Ah, but I remember a friend of mine in Italy got hers a week before me, does this even matter anyway?!
confused.gif

Back
Top Bottom