"Streets" without red screen or segue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
please -> city of blinding lights -> promenade -> streets. :drool:

Bono, if you read this, please consider this strongly for your next tour.

craigp said:
my fave part from the r&h dvd, the chopper shot when this happens:drool: :drool:

:yes: Same for Zoo TV Sydney, but I was disapointed in that show that they didn't pull the camera back more to show the stadium fully lit. I remember watching it on the Phillips Zoo Tv special when they did that and going WHOA!

elevated_u2_fan said:

:yes: Same for Zoo TV Sydney, but I was disapointed in that show that they didn't pull the camera back more to show the stadium fully lit. I remember watching it on the Phillips Zoo Tv special when they did that and going WHOA!

Hamish Hamilton is great at missing these wonderful moments.... I think he only managed to fully capture it in the Slane Castle show so far!

i love the version from Elevation Boston, how it builds up with yellow lights, then when the band starts the main intro you have the yellow/white lights flashing then when it starts properly you have the lights blind you, its fantastic!

Boston is and always will be my favorite version of Streets. The Elevation versions in general are my favorite. I hope to God for the next tour they revive Streets. It was so lacking on Vertigo. :sad:

U2girl said:
I thought the BIG lights on the Vertigo tour still came on at the "oooh ooooh oooh" part of the song ?

Yeah, but not at the beginning. Where it's especially effective.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I think the Zoo TV Sydney version is the best filmed version of Streets ever! I especially like the fact that the moment those lights come on during the intro the camera is in the audience. You see what the audience is seeing, which is nothing except a wall of light. The energy!!! :hyper:

Lancemc said:
Boston is and always will be my favorite version of Streets. The Elevation versions in general are my favorite. I hope to God for the next tour they revive Streets. It was so lacking on Vertigo. :sad:

To me, the Boston version is the worst filmed version of Streets. You more or less miss the moment all those lights come on because Hamish had to include a close-up of Bono. :rant: He's not important at that point! It's the lights, you bozo!!! :mad:

I almost used "bozos" in a thread here about two days ago, then I went back and changed it because I thought well no one really uses it anymore and and maybe some people will be like.. what?

Popmartijn said:

To me, the Boston version is the worst filmed version of Streets. You more or less miss the moment all those lights come on because Hamish had to include a close-up of Bono. :rant: He's not important at that point! It's the lights, you bozo!!! :mad:

Really? I thought that was the best one yet. You get the lights, the crowd and a close up of Bono.

The distance stadium/arena/white lights shot is been done on all the other DVDs already. :shrug:

My vote for the worst filmed version is Slane. :no: He completely ignores the lights and any of the band and just shows the crowd - you can't even tell what they're going crazy about.

I think bad/40-->streets was the best transition i've ever seen/heard.

I did not like the fact that there was no red and i did not especially like that there was no booming intro:mad:

what made me madder wass in the chicago vertigo video was that there was abosolute no trasition and he wasn't even on the ellipse, he was just walking around.

vertigo was the worst streets i've even seen

the Vertigo version of "Streets" was probably the best musically since the Joshua Tree era.

theu2fly said:
the Vertigo version of "Streets" was probably the best musically since the Joshua Tree era.

in what way is it "musically" better than any other ?

Personally I don't think the Red backdrop adds anything to the performance. It's not needed. The best light show for Streets was the Elevation tour I think. Watch the Boston DVD for proof. the lights in that show were amazing for the song. The Vertigo Streets stage show was really lacking. Best performance of the song though............ who knows. It's always great. Though i have to admit I never really liked the way Bono sang the POP version of it.

Back
Top Bottom