streets and the fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streets: Not sure, both are good.

Fly: I think I'm the only person alive who absolutely hates the Elevation version. I want my Zoo TV.

Rick
There is a great version of the fly on the Elevation Charlotte boot. But love zoo-tv too.
Streets, great version off the Outsidebroadcast boot something about that one, Bono sounds like he's going full out, plus it was professionally recorded.
There is even a great version of EBTTRT B-man telling edge to look cool. Ahhh heck that whole cd has great version of live material.

Boston Streets I think so so. I think it has more visual impact IMO.

Cheers
u2fly

Last edited:
Both Elevation Boston, maybe because of the awesome sound quality as some else said. The fly sounds great, and I don't know how to explain it, but it sounds like it is more "alive".

Streets: Tossup. The vox ain't as strong as he was, while Edge certainly plays streets better as of late.

The Fly: The Elevation intro is a welcome change of pace; makes an interesting contrast with the body of the song... that's really the only big difference between the two.

Streets: Love the Elevation version. I think Streets like fine wine, it keeps getting better with age.

The Fly: Zoo TV, obviously. The intro was a nice change on the Elevation tour, but it lost something with the key change and using one guitar instead of two. It just seems a little thin. It's still good, but the version from Zoo TV Dublin was AWESOME! The Fly was Zoo TV. Just think about all the video screens and the barrage of messages and there's no question.

You wanna hear the best version of Streets ever? Get your hands on Toronto 5/25/01. Bono's black gospel intro is his finest vocal moment ever.

Back
Top Bottom