Stranger In A Strange Land right now on the radio... that's strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do you know that song from the most overviewed album that is far from being a fan favourite?

Well, right now, for my surprise, "Stranger In A Strange Land" can been heard in portuguese Radio Comercial...:drool:

What an excitement...
I say this because portuguese radios always air the same old U2 hits (JT 3 hits, HTDAAB/ATYCLB hits, Sweetest thing, Stay, One, SBS, Pride and Bad), always the same ones...

For me the biggest surprise was hearing Dancing Barefoot on the radio.

Aygo said:
Do you know that song from the most overviewed album that is far from being a fan favourite?

Well, right now, for my surprise, "Stranger In A Strange Land" can been heard in portuguese Radio Comercial...:drool:

What an excitement...
I say this because portuguese radios always air the same old U2 hits (JT 3 hits, HTDAAB/ATYCLB hits, Sweetest thing, Stay, One, SBS, Pride and Bad), always the same ones...

Wow, that's more than we get here. My local radio stations only play JT stuff, Pride, NYD, and the occasional One, BD, and Vertigo now and then. Otherwise it's just Nickleback, Evanescence, and that song that goes "I'm looking at you through the glass/ Don't know how much time has passed..." :crazy:

Re: Re: Stranger In A Strange Land right now on the radio... that's strange

Rachel D. said:

Wow, that's more than we get here. My local radio stations only play JT stuff, Pride, NYD, and the occasional One, BD, and Vertigo now and then. Otherwise it's just Nickleback, Evanescence, and that song that goes "I'm looking at you through the glass/ Don't know how much time has passed..." :crazy:

Don't worry, here is the same shit. They always play the same stuff, the JT/HTDAAB/ATYCLB/War hits, One, MY, Desire and Stay (rarely), SATS and the promocional singles from compilation, Wild Horses gets lots of airplay too daily. And that's all... that's why I was like:shocked:
But, I remember that a few years ago (circa 2000-01) there was some radios that started to air massively In God's Country, I Will Follow and Gone (this last one, not as heavy as the other too) and I found it pretty weird...

Oh, and I forgot to mention too that a dance music radio that always use to play shitty remixes on the other day played Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix) which made me surprised too, since they never air U2.

Re: Re: Stranger In A Strange Land right now on the radio... that's strange

Rachel D. said:

Same here. So imagine my surprise when my alarm went off and I heard the opening riff to The Fly. And this was on a Classic rock station. But then I found out that it was the Simulcast Morning shows song bumper. Not from my local station. Still cool thought, to wake up to.

I never hear any u2, tho I admit I don't listen to the radio a whole lot because every time I turn it on, there's nothing good. However I heard Mysterious Ways being played in Staples once recently. (Right after they played Whip It by Devo! :ohmy: )

U2girl said:
For me the biggest surprise was hearing Dancing Barefoot on the radio.

Dancing Barefoot gets a lot of radioplay. I´ve heard it dozen times. Scarlet on the other hand is incredible.
There was once a live (Popmart) version of Discotheque on the radio which surprised me.

Z92 here in Omaha used to play: I Will Follow, Gloria, I Threw A Brick, I Fall Down, Rejoice, SBS, 2 Hearts, Surrender, NYD, Pride, Homecoming, Wire, UnFire, Bad, 3 Sunrises, Bad(live), Streets, Found, WOWY, Bullet, Red Hill, God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires, One Tree Hill, Spanish Eyes. All of these were played on a regular basis.
Now it's just the JT radio hits, Pride, SBS, NYD, IWFollow + the current stuff from ATYCLB & HTDAAB. Funny how I never hear anything from Pop on the radio anymore. Do You Feel Loved got heavy play here when Pop was released.

I was depressed to hear AB songs being played on "Gold 104" here in Melbourne... The traditional home of the golden oldies. And it wasn't just One, either!!

1991 wasn't that long ago, was it?! :crazy:

Alisaura said:
I was depressed to hear AB songs being played on "Gold 104" here in Melbourne... The traditional home of the golden oldies. And it wasn't just One, either!!

And I thought it was bad when I caught the JT hits on the "golden hits" channel on the Gold Coast!

I don't care what station it's on though, I'd love to hear a song like Stranger In A Strange Land, Scarlet, or The Three Sunrises on the radio. :drool:

Alisaura said:

:yikes:

Maybe they play everything up to the prevoious decade (IE: once we get to 2010 or 11 they will start playing stuff from the 00's)

It'll be strange hearing Vertigo or something on a Golden oldies station in the next few years :yikes:

bono_man2002 said:
It'll be strange hearing Vertigo or something on a Golden oldies station in the next few years :yikes:

But Stuck In A Moment and SYCMIOYO will be right at home! They sound like they were made to go straight into rotation there. :happy:

bonocomet said:
I never hear any u2, tho I admit I don't listen to the radio a whole lot because every time I turn it on, there's nothing good. However I heard Mysterious Ways being played in Staples once recently. (Right after they played Whip It by Devo! :ohmy: )

*highfives Bonocomet* I live in Michigan, and back home (Detroit suburbs) all I've ever heard since I've listened to the radio is "BD" and "Vertigo" (easy, I'm only 18. :wink: ) I just moved about 2 hours away for college and it's not much better here. I've heard "Streets", "ISHFWILF" and "One" at times throughout the year. The biggest surprise came about 10 minutes ago in the lobby of my dorm. I too heard "MW" I actually did a double take, and screamed "Oh my gosh, it's Mysterious Ways by U2":ohmy: cut to everyone looking at me weird.:reject:

Daniel, I just got a memo from life. It says it's recalling you because of defective tastebuds.

bono_man2002 said:
:lmao:

Doesn't listening to Dream Theater get me out of that?...of not ...then Damn!

Have you discovered Porcupine Tree yet? Because that just might be enough to save you. If not ... :shame:

ABC radio once played Crumbs From Your Table during a religious program, I just happened to flick over as they were introducing the song!

Back
Top Bottom