Stranger In A Strange Land right now on the radio... that's strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

Not Yet, But I'd be willing to give it a go.

I Need Andre's Musical Learning Class!

:lol:

I'm pretty sure Porcupine Tree songs such as The Rest Will Flow, Lazarus, Drown With Me, Trains, and Piano Lessons would appeal to the average U2 fan.

And maybe we should stop hijacking this thread?

Axver said:

:lol:

I'm pretty sure Porcupine Tree songs such as The Rest Will Flow, Lazarus, Drown With Me, Trains, and Piano Lessons would appeal to the average U2 fan.

And maybe we should stop hijacking this thread?

:evil:

For Now. I would probably prefer to download....er.....Get A Full album first, Which one would you recomened first?

Then we can stop hijacking this thread, and I will go to bed :)

bono_man2002 said:
For Now. I would probably prefer to download....er.....Get A Full album first, Which one would you recomened first?

In Absentia is widely considered their "classic", and the latest album, Deadwing, seems to be held in almost as high regard.

However, I recommend Stupid Dream. I think it might appeal to you a bit more. And get your hands on The Rest Will Flow from Lightbulb Sun any way you can. I'm totally in love with that song right now. It's beautiful.

I never listen to radio, so the best thing I've ever heard is Mysterious Ways, which was awesome. :lol:

The most depressing radio play that I've heard is hearing WoWY and ISHFWILF on a light rock station (aka played in doctors offices). On the other hand I remember hearing 'Like a Song' on a hard rock station maybe 7 years ago, that made me smile at the time

bono_man2002 said:

Maybe they play everything up to the prevoious decade (IE: once we get to 2010 or 11 they will start playing stuff from the 00's)

That's what I figured when it happened... I think it was MW or EBTTRT that I heard.

Weird.

This was a big surprise for me: I worked late tonight and then called a cab to go home. I got the usual "All of our operators are busy. Please hold until blah blah blah." So I was put on hold and instead of the usual over-wrought Aerosmith crap I heard...
Window in the Skies! I almost fell off my chair. :happy:

^ Cool! I'm still waiting to hear that on the radio.

My biggest on-hold surprise was pretty recent, I was put on hold and heard Angel of Harlem. That completely surprised me!

I was at Mervyn's a few day's ago and they played A Man And A Woman :ohmy: and I was like I've got to get under a speaker !

I used to hear "Miss Sarajevo" on the radio all the time back in 1995.

Granted it was a great radio station, but they were still pumping the latest U2 single.

And that's what they called it: a U2 single.

Alisaura said:
I was depressed to hear AB songs being played on "Gold 104" here in Melbourne... The traditional home of the golden oldies. And it wasn't just One, either!!

1991 wasn't that long ago, was it?! :crazy:

:rockon: "Classic hits from the 60s, 70s and 80s...Gold 104!"

I'm 16 and that's all I listen to on the radio!!! It's the only station that plays decent music! I flick it over and I get

"Oh I wish i was a punk rocker...."

:censored:

COBL_04 said:

:rockon: "Classic hits from the 60s, 70s and 80s...Gold 104!"

... and 1991, apparently. :)

I listen to Triple J by default, but I frequently skip past Gold 104 and Triple M to see if there's anything good on. If one of them has crap on, there's a fair chance there's something decent on another one. :wink:

I wish I'd been listening to JJJ in the days when they were playing U2, which was mostly during the Zoo era, I'm told. I think Numb even made it into the Hottest 100 in '93.

Of course, Beautiful Day snuck into the 2000 Hottest 100, but I can't imagine why. They never played it to my knowledge, although they did play bits of the Boston Elevation concert for a Live at the Wireless. That was unusual... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom