Stranger in a Strange Land (not about the song!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
That's a good way to describe myself sometimes, I think. I mean, I know people who appreciate U2's music on different levels, but other than my mom, who introduced me to them in the first place, I seem to be the only real fan I know. My friends and I have EXTREMELY varied tastes in music. However, one of my roommates DID get ATYCLB for Christmas! Anyway, I guess I can be pretty predictable in what music I'm listening to at times, because 99 times out of 100, it's U2 (one of the great things, right? We've got a LOT of material to choose from, so it's not like you're playing the same CD over and over again!). But when I'm NOT listening to U2, people still think I am....

One example. I had the stereo on in the livng room a couple months ago, and I was listening to Bon Jovi. One of my roommates came in and asked, "is this U2?" And then I play Billy Idol. Again, "is this U2?" It's kind of amusing, actually.

But I still can't believe the number of people my age who haven't even HEARD of them! Even my roommate last year, who has been to Ireland and LOVES it there, had not heard of them. Crazy, I tell you!

One more story, then I'll stop rambling. Last fall at our school's annual poster sale, I found a War poster and a JT poster and when I went up to buy them, the guys selling them were too Irish guys (very cute too, I might add!) and we sort of struck up a conversation about the band. I just love doing that, any chance I get.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I have a problem that none of the other kids in my school like U2. They think they are all OLD and dinosaurs and refuse to like them. They tell me I should not like OLD guys. All those ppl also like really hard, loud stuff and don't like any of U2's music. They like garbage bands like System of a down and Slipnot. It is so frustrating but I don't care anymore. You can't force ppl to have good taste or appreciate quality. They will not stop me from likeing U2. I will come here when I want to talk about them or find out more about them.

Originally posted by Charity:
I have a problem that none of the other kids in my school like U2. They think they are all OLD and dinosaurs and refuse to like them. They tell me I should not like OLD guys. All those ppl also like really hard, loud stuff and don't like any of U2's music. They like garbage bands like System of a down and Slipnot. It is so frustrating but I don't care anymore. You can't force ppl to have good taste or appreciate quality. They will not stop me from likeing U2. I will come here when I want to talk about them or find out more about them.

Yeah, sometimes it can actually be kind of cool. If my friends want to know something about U2, they go to me.

My younger brother(who is 18) is actually a HUGE System of a Down fan. I went to a concert with him a few weeks ago here in Grand Rapids. I have to say that they were good performers, but, of course, nowhere NEAR as good as U2!

------------------

I became a U2 fan in 1995. I was 13 and in the 7th grade...nobody else was a U2 fan. People would rip on U2 just to make fun of me. However...to this day...I'm always remembered for U2. People tell me that everytime they hear U2 or see Bono in a magazine or something that they cannot help but think of me. That's a cool thing, IMO.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I became a U2 fan in 1995. I was 13 and in the 7th grade...nobody else was a U2 fan. People would rip on U2 just to make fun of me. However...to this day...I'm always remembered for U2. People tell me that everytime they hear U2 or see Bono in a magazine or something that they cannot help but think of me. That's a cool thing, IMO.
smile.gif

Yeah, it definitely is! In high school I was known as "the quiet girl who listens to U2." lmao...If anybody knew ANYTHING about me, that was it.

------------------

I know a few people my age (20) who like U2, but not many. I have literally been a U2 fan all my life, I was raised on them, because I'm from a cool family.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Most people I know don't like them though, it was really bad back when I was in high school. I got ribbed a lot about them at that time. It's better now that they are so well known. I have some friends now who like them. I am proud to be a U2 fan, and I will deny them to no one. If they don't like them, that is THEIR problem.

It's funny, here I have to go to my family to find support and other U2 fans, instead of my friends! With most people it's the other way around!

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
I know a few people my age (20) who like U2, but not many. I have literally been a U2 fan all my life, I was raised on them, because I'm from a cool family.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Most people I know don't like them though, it was really bad back when I was in high school. I got ribbed a lot about them at that time. It's better now that they are so well known. I have some friends now who like them. I am proud to be a U2 fan, and I will deny them to no one. If they don't like them, that is THEIR problem.

It's funny, here I have to go to my family to find support and other U2 fans, instead of my friends! With most people it's the other way around!

Dude! Me too. I'm 20, and I was raised on U2 as well. My mom has been a fan for years. Yeah, baby!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom