Strange version of "Pride"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, but the C&C Music Factory version is even weirder
tongue.gif

As for the verion of Pride on U2 Station, I've heard it and the solo is definately cool. I don't own any bootlegs with this version of Pride so I don't know what show it's from. I've heard speculation that it is just a case of someone taking a performance of U2 and dubbing his/her own solo over it and looping the U2 backing track. Another possibility is that U2 themselves tried this out at a show with Edge taking the solo and the filler track which U2 uses to beef up it's sound at live shows taking over the main riff for the duration of the solo. Either way, it's a good listen. Now to go find the C&C version of this song...

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Wow this topic comes up all the time..

Funny.

It's just some guys solo spliced into the song, people from this forum investigated it and you could hear the same cheers from the crowd looped through parts of the song.

So it has been tampered with.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
Wow this topic comes up all the time..

Funny.

It's just some guys solo spliced into the song, people from this forum investigated it and you could hear the same cheers from the crowd looped through parts of the song.

So it has been tampered with.

after a quick listen i'm gonna have to agree with you. there is definetely a loop there, you can definetely hear the same 'woo' about 4 or 5 times during the solo.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Yep, I had a feeling it was spliced, since the volume suddenly increased right when that guitar solo kicked in. Nonetheless, it is a cool take on Edge's riff. I think I'll keep it. Too bad this guy didn't get a chance to go onstage with the band during the tour to do Pride!

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

I'd go one step further and suggest that it's not even U2. The singer's voice isn't pitched quite the same as Bono's (even fifteen years ago), and those "sing it for"s are way too generic ("prisoners in jail"?).

That said, can you imagine the faces on the crowd (and the band, for that matter) if Edge WERE to cut loose with that solo?
eek.gif

Originally posted by hibricc:
I'd go one step further and suggest that it's not even U2. The singer's voice isn't pitched quite the same as Bono's (even fifteen years ago), and those "sing it for"s are way too generic ("prisoners in jail"?).

That said, can you imagine the faces on the crowd (and the band, for that matter) if Edge WERE to cut loose with that solo?
eek.gif

that would be funny if edge really did that.
but the song was from the summer 1986 amnesty conspiracy of hope tour i believe.

ignore that info if you were only joking though.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom