Strange version of Best Of 1980-1990?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was at my local entertainment store a while back and there's a used copy of The Best of 1980-1990 that seems a little off. Instead of the regular gold coloring on the front and back covers, it's a weird shade of orange-yellow, like cheese or mustard. I don't have a camera phone or I would have taken a picture. But the thing is hideous. Does anyone have a clue as to why this would be the way it is? Is it some kind of promotional copy or just a freak printing accident?

It;s suffering from Gloria not being included on the coimpilation. They will all go that colour one day,

I've seen it a million times, stateside. For what it's worth, the copies which I've seen and which looked like the one you describe were almost invariably imports. I saw one or two from Sweden, and several from both Japan and the UK which fit the description, but I can't speak to the universality of said abortions. I've seen just as many imports from those countries which looked like what I purchased from Best Buy, back in '98.

Hmm, that makes sense. I'll have to look closely at it next time I go to that store to see if I can tell where it's from.

Back
Top Bottom