strange: SBS drums in please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter

War Child
when i watched the please performance in helsinki on the bonus dvd, something caught my attention.
After about 3 minutes, Edge inserts his traditional up-tempo guitar riff, and then larry suddenly drumms the SBS tune (the drums at the start of the song). Anyone noticed that before?

Peter said:
when i watched the please performance in helsinki on the bonus dvd, something caught my attention.
After about 3 minutes, Edge inserts his traditional up-tempo guitar riff, and then larry suddenly drumms the SBS tune (the drums at the start of the song). Anyone noticed that before?

Yes, they did that in the live version of Please. I think it sounds great. It also shows the connection between the two songs (with Please being an updated prayer about the troubles in Northern Ireland). During the first leg of Popmart there was also one show where they had a long 'SBS'-part during which Bono also sang some extra lyrics (not from SBS though). I think it was in Eugene.

Summary: sounds cool!

C ya!

Marty

i remember the columbus popmart show when right at the very end of please , right when it gets quiet, larry started the intro drumming to sbs and everyone went crazy but then he stopped. oh well, that was a great tease.

I remember people booing in Washington DC when they didn't play SBS after hearing the drums........:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom