straight from the horse's mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peeing Antelope

The Fly
at the hot press awards edge said a dvd of the slane show is being released by the end of the year... how sweet is that?

i bet though there will be tons of annoying things about it, like missing songs and stuff like that for us all to complain about.

Cool!!!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Which date? I hope I get to see Bono massacre A Sort of Homecoming in the first show.

It is Slane 2 that was recorded. SOHC was played at Slane 1. Good news all round tho, apparently the 2nd one was better.

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

First Gig:

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun, Bad / Yellow / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, One / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Walk On / Hallelujah
Comments: U2 plays the Slane Festival for the first time since opening for Thin Lizzy 20 years ago. 'A Sort of Homecoming' is an early surprise, and makes its first live appearance since June 27, 1987, when U2 played a homecoming show in Dublin's Croke Park. A snippet of Coldplay's 'Yellow' is included at during Bad. An image of Bob Hewson is shown on the screens during 'One' and Bono adds a bit of 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own', the song he sang a day earlier at his Dad's funeral.

----

Second Gig:

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Out Of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck In A Moment, Kite, Angel Of Harlem (full band), Desire, Staring At The Sun, All I Want is You, Where The Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, With Or Without You, One, Walk On
Comments: U2 is the first artist to headline two concerts at Slane Castle in the same year. At the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday Bono reads off the names of all of the victims of the Omagh bombing. The show closes as did last week's Slane show with the Unforgettable Fire being played over the PA system with fireworks in the sky.

Back
Top Bottom