Stories 4 Boys&Grils: How I Snuck Into the Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Damn--in such a rush to type this I spelled Girls wrong in the subject line--stupid, stupid me--

Right-o. A few people have asked me how I managed to make it into the heart at the Hamilton show...*sigh* I must admit. I'm a line-cutter, a sneak. I'm the kind of person you GA people hate. Here's the scoop.

So I MEANT to get to the GA line at 6am. Unfortunately, I overslept (had a chem midterm the night before...). Anyway, managed to get there for 10:30am-11 with my friend, Simi. We ended up being about number 400 in line. So we spent the day trying to convince ourselves that the heart was nothing special--that we weren't missing out on much.
Anyway, we met some people in line--notibly, two guys--Simon and Mike. Around 4:00 one of them came up with a plan--jokingly at first, to sneak into the heart.
Mike went out and bought a black marker--to number our hands (you see, the first 300 ppl in line had gotten numbered). So, we numbered ourselves 119, 120, 122, and 123, respectively.
This is where the fun comes in...as the line moved forward to get inside, we snuck in a small gap in the barricade and started pushing past people to get ahead. When they questioned us, we showed them our hands (numbers) nad told them that we had gone out for dinner and had missed the line going through. We claimed that our friends were up ahead and that we had just been trying to reach our places in line (NOTE: Thank-you to all the people who believed us and let us go!).
We eventually stopped around number 240...right near a security guide who was checking tickets. Unfortunately, this really b*tchy woman in front of us turned to the guard and said, "These four ppl snuck into line. They aren't supposed to be here. Don't believe them." At this point, I was shitting bricks (NOTE: Each person--numbers 1-300--had gotten a piece of paper with a number to correspond with the one on their hand. We didn't know this; we didn't have one. It looked a little sketchy).
Anyway, the guard turned to us...thank god he didn't look at me. I swear, I would have broken down in tears..."I'm sorry! We were just trying to get ahead! I just wanted...the heart...U2, I'm soooorrryyy!!" Luckily for us, he turned to Simon, who calmly explained to the guard that we had gone out for dinner and had just gotten back. We showed him our tickets and numbers and...he let us in!!
We got frisked and ran (well, walked quickly) into the heart. The four of us got into the heart, hugged, and just jumped around in a little circle, laughing and giggling for about 5 minutes. Then, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was the guy who had been standing behind us originally in line (around #400)...turns out we would have made it into the heart anyway! You see, so many people had ran to the OUTSIDE tip of the heart that all the people we had been standing with originally had gotten into the heart! AGGHH! (Although I was happy for them...) Ah well, the fact that we had snuck in made the victory/concert even sweeter.

We ended up on the rail on Edge's side...close to the halfway point...still close enough to the front of the stage (right near Skeek!). We had an awesome time. The heart was big enough for us to move around in...I ended up 2nd row, just in front of Adam (who, btw, is soooo cool). It was the night of my life. I'll never forget it...

Anyway, now that you all hate me...please don't be angry. I would have gotten in anyway (I believe like, the 425th person had gotten in or something to that effect). Just, maybe, try to see it through my eyes...the eyes of a 19 year old girl, a completely obsessed fan who finally realized her dream.

------------------
*It's not why you're running
It's where you're going
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do
It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-15-2001).]

Well...

I'm glad that you got into the heart like you wanted, but I don't think it was very nice to lie to fellow U2 fans, of all people, to do so.

Just remember...karma...

But, not to be a Negative Nancy, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

------------------
"I Don't Know You, But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

BTW, I'm also a 19 year old girl and a completely obsessed fan...but I have yet to realize my dream...

------------------
"I Don't Know You, But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

I'm not going to comment because there was almost a brawl at the entrance to the heart (I was within the first 15-20 people in, rightfully, since we slept outside), and this happened. Suddenly we had people with #47 cutting in line and such.

I'm glad you had a good time and that you'd have ended up in the heart anyways. But I'd never have done what you did.

To justify what I did here (and I'm really regretting posting this message--I wouldn't have otherwise, but some people asked)...I would have made it in anyway--all the people around 400 did. I didn't take up anyone's spot. I didn't fight for front row or a rail. I just wanted to be near there...

sorry, but i don't think what you did was cool. it worked out well for you, though- seems like you thoroughly enjoyed the concert. great. i just feel bad for the people you cut in front of, who were sitting on the pavement while you were asleep in a nice warm bed...

Hmmm.

rotz.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Damn--in such a rush to type this I spelled Girls wrong in the subject line--stupid, stupid me--

Right-o. A few people have asked me how I managed to make it into the heart at the Hamilton show...*sigh* I must admit. I'm a line-cutter, a sneak. I'm the kind of person you GA people hate. Here's the scoop.

So I MEANT to get to the GA line at 6am. Unfortunately, I overslept (had a chem midterm the night before...). Anyway, managed to get there for 10:30am-11 with my friend, Simi. We ended up being about number 400 in line. So we spent the day trying to convince ourselves that the heart was nothing special--that we weren't missing out on much.
Anyway, we met some people in line--notibly, two guys--Simon and Mike. Around 4:00 one of them came up with a plan--jokingly at first, to sneak into the heart.
Mike went out and bought a black marker--to number our hands (you see, the first 300 ppl in line had gotten numbered). So, we numbered ourselves 119, 120, 122, and 123, respectively.
This is where the fun comes in...as the line moved forward to get inside, we snuck in a small gap in the barricade and started pushing past people to get ahead. When they questioned us, we showed them our hands (numbers) nad told them that we had gone out for dinner a

The Sweetest Thing- I think that maybe *you* should re-read your original post. Sorry, but it actually does sound like you're bragging. So don't get mad at people for flaming you. Here are a few examples:

*sigh* I must admit. I'm a line-cutter, a sneak. I'm the kind of person you GA people hate.

...This is where the fun comes in...as the line moved forward to get inside, we snuck in a small gap in the barricade and started pushing past people to get ahead. .... We claimed that our friends were up ahead and that we had just been trying to reach our places in line (NOTE: Thank-you to all the people who believed us and let us go!).

...Unfortunately, this really b*tchy woman in front of us turned to the guard and said, "These four ppl snuck into line. They aren't supposed to be here. Don't believe them."

uh, wasn't she just being honest, and not bitchy? seems to me like you and your friends were the ones being "bitchy".

...Ah well, the fact that we had snuck in made the victory/concert even sweeter.

...It was the night of my life. I'll never forget it...

Anyway, now that you all hate me...please don't be angry. I would have gotten in anyway (I believe like, the 425th person had gotten in or something to that effect). Just, maybe, try to see it through my eyes...the eyes of a 19 year old girl, a completely obsessed fan who finally realized her dream.

it's great that you enjoyed the concert. but you should have known that people here would have been upset. the fact that you posted your story, therefore, does in fact seem like gloating.

maybe you should try to see it through the eyes of those who are honest and didn't cut in line.

[This message has been edited by *Ally* (edited 10-16-2001).]

First off, WHOA! Kid Icarus=Keith? (As in Keith and Martha?) You mean to say I spent the entire day in line with you, wearing my Interference tag, yet you didn't tell me you were a member here? Whoa...
I tried to look for you two after the show, but you got lost in the shuffle. How did you enjoy it? Did Martha have fun? I certainly hope so...

Hehe, yup, you got it =). I never said anything on Sat. because at best I am just a part-timer here. I figured that it wasn't worth mentioning since I rarely post around here.

Anyways, I have a really bad cold right now which has forced me to stay at home today so I thought I would come on here and check out peoples thoughts on the Hamilton show (you posted a great review btw)!

So, I saw you taking a lot of crap after having the courage to post that so I just thought I would step and let people know that you really are a good person.

Thankfully, there seem to be some really great people on here like Ally and Dieman who are willing to look past "the incident" and not pass judgment on you as a person!

FYI..Martha wound up having an unbelievable time at the show. For a person who had never seen them before and wasn't a big fan...she was totally blown away by their performance. I think now she finally understands why U2 is in my view the greatest rock band in the world!

Well, I have rambled on for too long! Take care and I hope the rest of the school year goes well for ya! It really was a shame that we missed you and the others after the show.

Kid Icarus--Please e-mail me if you and Martha would still like a copy of the pictures...I've still got to get them developed, but they're yours if you want them.

Hello. I know you are a huge fan of U2, so I know how you feel wanting to get in line so badly! Why should people, who don't care about U2 as much as you do, get to be in the heart?

Well, actually, the truth is, anyone willing to get in line THAT early definately cares as much as you!

When I was in line (first leg of tour), I was #100 or so, been there since the 10am morning. At around 4pm some fans tried to bribe me to let them cut in line. It made me feel bad-- the whole point of GA is so that people who are the biggest fans get the best show! Not so that tricky people, or people with lots of money to throw around, can sneak in. Those people definately don't care as much as I do, and there is always going to be that one person who was so close but didn't get to be in the heart!

Kid Icarus--Please e-mail me if you and Martha would still like a copy of the pictures...I've still got to get them developed, but they're yours if you want them.

Oh yeah, thanks..that completely slipped my mind! I still got your addy so I'll be in touch at some point!

Random question: Could someone please tell me why more than half this thread is missing (preferably the person who deleted it)?

Originally posted by *Ally*:
The Sweetest Thing- I think that maybe *you* should re-read your original post. Sorry, but it actually does sound like you're bragging. So don't get mad at people for flaming you. Here are a few examples:

it's great that you enjoyed the concert. but you should have known that people here would have been upset. the fact that you posted your story, therefore, does in fact seem like gloating.

maybe you should try to see it through the eyes of those who are honest and didn't cut in line.

[This message has been edited by *Ally* (edited 10-16-2001).]

Please don't tell me you're calling me dishonest.
I don't mean to sound like I was bragging. I was just a little too hopped up on energy, excited that I had been close to one of the few things in this world that makes me happy. The b*tchy woman, actually physically shoved my friend (who's only about 5'2...I thought that was kinda rude. He wasn't even trying to get ahead. She just shoved him in front of the guard).

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, but what you did shows an amazing amount of disrespect for the others in line that you cut. You may have gotten into the line anyway, but that's not the point.

One of the great things about the heart is the comradery it inspires - your actions completely undermine that. Rather than all in it together, you were just in it for yourself

Originally posted by Kid Icarus:
Oh yeah, thanks..that completely slipped my mind! I still got your addy so I'll be in touch at some point!

Random question: Could someone please tell me why more than half this thread is missing (preferably the person who deleted it)?

I know! I thought it was my computer at first...can someone please tell me if I actually posted my really long message (the one where I responded to almost everyone...) I didn't see see it and wonder if it posted...why is everything deleted? Mods?

Well, you have to admit that taking a marker and writing down numbers on your hand that were far better than where you actually were is dishonest.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
Well, you have to admit that taking a marker and writing down numbers on your hand that were far better than where you actually were is dishonest.
smile.gif

*S* I'll admit my actions were...but I'm not a dishonest person in general. Why else would I be posting this?

BTW, Diemen, Ally--As Kid Icarus stated, thanks for frowning upon the action, yet still having the respct, courtesy, and open-mindedness not to hate me as a person.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-16-2001).]

i think u cutting in line like that is really pathetic. people sacrafice to line up early then people like u cut in line cause u oversleep.....if ya snooze ya lose.....get in the back.

------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds." -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"

I don't mean to sound like I was bragging. I was just a little too hopped up on energy, excited that I had been close to one of the few things in this world that makes me happy. The b*tchy woman, actually physically shoved my friend (who's only about 5'2...I thought that was kinda rude. He wasn't even trying to get ahead. She just shoved him in front of the guard).

in my last post i was just trying to point out that, to people reading your story, it could be interpreted that you were gloating. you say that you weren't, so of course i'm going to believe you. i was just trying to point out why people might be upset with what you did/wrote.

anyway, i think this thread has gone on for too long (and half of it is missing for some reason!). so, can we just agree to disagree, The Sweetest Thing?
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
in my last post i was just trying to point out that, to people reading your story, it could be interpreted that you were gloating. you say that you weren't, so of course i'm going to believe you. i was just trying to point out why people might be upset with what you did/wrote.

anyway, i think this thread has gone on for too long (and half of it is missing for some reason!). so, can we just agree to disagree, The Sweetest Thing?
smile.gif

I would second that one Ally. Kicking a person when they're down really isn't all that becoming interferencers! The_Sweetest_Thing is sorry for what happened...lets her off the hook for gosh sakes!

btw...if the mods did in fact delete a lot of the posts..I have lost a lot of respect for this place. Changing around/deleting posts to manipulate the sequence of them is pretty uncool IMO .

Originally posted by duck313:
at least she was honest about being dishonest

If you can't be good, be good at it.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

Hey guys,

There is something wrong with this thread right now as you pointed out and as I notice as well, half of the posts are missing.

Elvis is looking in to it.

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom