Stolen License Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
If you happen to see a CT license plate, "LOVEU2", it's mine and it's
stolen. Plate was last seen attached to my car at the Providence Holiday
Inn parking garage.

I guess I should be grateful that they left me the back plate, but
somehow gratitude is not my first impulse...If you happen to be the person
who swiped it, you call yourself a U2 fan???

Sorry if this seems off topic, but I want to get the word out as fast as
possible.

Heidi

Whoever says money cannot buy happiness,
has never purchased a U2 concert ticket!

This was a message from the U2tours group on Yahoo. Is it just me or is that a really really ridiculous thing to do...steal a license plate??? Eesh!

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Their's is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I know this person! Poor Heidi....
frown.gif
The 10/30 Providence show was her first time in the heart and she was so excited. She got a good spot by the railing and was brimming with anticipation. I was so happy for her! It figures that some jerk would then ruin this moment by stealing her plate.

Now, there is a chance the plate fell off her car, but it seems a little too coincidental that she lost her U2 plate at a U2 concert.

This is why I really don't like fanatics and am not all that anxious to meet fellow U2 fans. Several years ago, when WIRE was going strong, there was a WIRE banner. We had it going from show to show. WIRE members signed it - but more importantly, so did U2 members. At one concert, in Europe, it was stolen. What type of ass would do this? That should have gone to the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame - but instead it's probably sitting in some die-hards personal collection.
icon28.gif

If your U2 obsession is so bad that you are ripping off fellow fans and stealing, GET HELP! AND GET HELP NOW!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-01-2001).]

That's a rotten thing to do.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

That blows.

I just ordered my new plates too.

I'll cut a bastards kids in half if they even think about swipin my plates.

icon28.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

it sucks but it's not at all surprising.

just 'cause you enjoy U2's music and go to a show doesn't mean you can't also be a drunken idiot, even towards other fans.
it's disappointing but not surprising.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by doctorwho:
This is why I really don't like fanatics and am not all that anxious to meet fellow U2 fans.

Oh totally. No offense to people, but when I hear stories of people travelling all across the country to see the same concert 5-10 times, my first impulse is to say "obsessive stalker" fan. First of all, I must say it must be nice blowing all that money on rock concerts. I surely wish I could have both an income that could support that, and, also, a job that doesn't mind if I take off that much vacation time.

To each to their own, I guess; but is there ever a time when one can objectively say that one has crossed that line between a healthy love for something and an unhealthy obsession?

"Too much is not enough"? I don't think so.

Melon

[This message has been edited by Whortense (edited 11-01-2001).]

THAT SUCKS!!! I hope that a-hole gets caught, I cannot even believe that someone could actually do that. sick sick sick
Hey, SG, so what'll be on your plates! I'll have to look out for you on the roads!

Not that this will help, but Doctor Who, and anyone else who was in the heart that night, did you notice that someone at the tip of the heart was waving around a license plate during the show? Was it Heidi or someone else?

Anyway, that really sucks. Probably some drunk asshole who thought it would be funny to take it.....

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Hey, SG, so what'll be on your plates! I'll have to look out for you on the roads!

Well, if blargydmv accepts it

U2LV8ME first choice

ZOOROPA second choice

U2 GDDSS third choice.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

Back
Top Bottom