Stirrings in the U2 World --- Are we in for a treat this fall??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 might end up doing what Radiohead and Beck are doing on their respective tours; previewing new songs before their albums are released.

New Radiohead album fall 2007.
New Beck album fall 2006.
New U2 album spring 2007. :drool:

if they had an album out early next year that would put them almost back to where they would need to tour to promote the new album. that seems really soon, so i doubt it will happen, when they are just wrapping up the tour the end of this year in hawaii, australia etc.

I wish they would. I'm ready for more music from them. But I think it is going to take some time and of course plenty of work in the studio. Like someone mentioned earlier, Bono's lyrics sounded too much like previous songs, and something tells me that Edge and Larry are not going to go for it.
Plus I'm hoping for more of a "Pop type" album myself. :wink:

Last edited:
Indeed i want them to take the time and not "rush" an album.

Just give us the ZooTV: Sydney + POPmart: Mexico City

dvd's first PLEASE!

Don't you think the stakes are higher than they've ever been for the band? To me that would mean they'll go through even more songs than usual, do more editing than usual, etc., because they have to live up to ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
This would be the third album in the "neo-classic" U2 cycle, so they can't miss.

Meaning, I think, no album before 2008 or thereabouts. Would make sense given that the first two were four years apart.

Besides, the World Cup is coming up and you can't convince me they'll get serious work done in the next month.

Back
Top Bottom