Still working on the album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But on a sort of serious note, do anyone think that this zootopia revamp could be the first sign of the next album?? Don´t they usually keep the design of the forums in the same visual style as the current album. Black background for Atomic Bomb, white for No Line? Would they bother to change things up if nothing new is in motion??

I got the impression it was a functional change, not a stylistic change. I did get bored and stop reading the email though....

Well, could be that it is purely functional. They are talking about a whole "new platform" though and urges people to save their content in case something goes missing during the transition. So sounds like quite a big change of the forum. And would that come without a new design? Anyway, it sounds as if it will happen pretty soon, and then we will know I guess.

I would advise that we not get our hopes up for anything at all related to new music.

Oh well - a bit of "maybe a new album is coming within the next 10 years" is all in good fun. And did not Bono himself once upon a time provide illustrations for a version of Peter and the Wolf......

Yeah I think it's more a technical thing, like getting new servers or so. Or other issues that have to happen while the forum is offline(indexing and stuff like that).

Well, could be that it is purely functional. They are talking about a whole "new platform" though and urges people to save their content in case something goes missing during the transition. So sounds like quite a big change of the forum. And would that come without a new design? Anyway, it sounds as if it will happen pretty soon, and then we will know I guess.

It's a very long bow to draw tht a forum change equals a new album. New platform definitely means functional change, ad while it might get some sort of cosmetic change, it will most likely tie in with the current theme of the site.

They're probably adding the radically new technology of sending private messages or something

They are tweaking their site right before the Mayan apocalypse. These things must be connected somehow :hmm: time to get Mulder and Scully out of retirement :hmm: :hmm:

Wait - the alien invasion will actually take place december 22 2012 according to cigarette smoking man in the last episode of the X-Files!! Mulder and Scully REALLY needs to get involved....

....on the other hand, if U2.com is part of the alien plan I guess we don´t need to worry that much...

void main(void) {
UnknownCaller* unknown_caller = new UnknownCaller();
unknown_caller->restart();
unknown_caller->reboot_self();
unknown_caller->set_free_to_go();
if (unknown_caller->has_the_chance() == true) {
unknown_caller->shout_for_joy();​
}
cout << "Password, you, enter here, right now:\n";
cin << unknown_caller->password;
punch_it_in(unknown_caller->name);
unknown_caller->hear();
unknown_caller->cease_to_speak("that I may speak");
unknown_caller->set_vocals("shush now");
unknown_caller->force_quit();
delete unknown_caller;
}

Awesome:applaud:

Forget Bono losing weight before an album is released, what does it mean if Adam is growing his hair out? Seriously, you should see it.

U2 or anyone from U2 didn't show up for the Sandy Relief concert. Usually, U2 shows up to an event like that. Shit, they didn't even have any messages sent via satellite. Perhaps they were too hard at work on that new album to get away.

Forget Bono losing weight before an album is released, what does it mean if Adam is growing his hair out? Seriously, you should see it.

I saw it. I cannot unsee it. Looks like the dude has well and truly fallen off the wagon :wink:

2hgfspt.jpg

Adam has completed his transformation into an actual cockatoo.

He actually kind of looks like a morph between Jay Leno and Ted Danson from the angle of the photo.

OH. MY. GOD!!! That is so bad! Adam, you've always been the coolest member of the band.... WTF????

Also, that's great news that Paul McG thinks there will be an album next year. I actually believe what he says, as he's not looking at it from a dreamy eyed, creative viewpoint, but from a hard business standpoint. NLOTH was not a successful record (yes, it sold a lot, but that's only because it's U2. It would've sold a lot more had the album produce a couple hit singles). I think Paul is looking at the big picture, as far as album in fall '13 and 2014 being the logical amount of time to mount the next tour. I know Paul is a huge advocate of 4th quarter album releases, and after last time, I'm sure he'll insist that they do it that way next year.

Of course, things can always change. But I do believe that's the firm plan for the near future at the moment.

He actually kind of looks like a morph between Jay Leno and Ted Danson from the angle of the photo.

The hair definitely gives that vibe! I didn't recognize him at all in that initial shot. Sort of wondering what one from the front would look like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom