Still working on the album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - the news is this: Bono is getting lost in the music, the band is really badass and wants it and they have 6 reasons not to quit and a few songs that can be heard through thick walls. This album is going to redefine the sonic landscape of music no doubt. :cute:

They have loud songs and 6 reasons to continue as a band. Bono also said that the band really want it and will take as much time as needed to complete the album.

Translation: We were thinking of breaking up, but we're trying hard not to. And what we have so far sounds like How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. :crack:

I'm very tempted to tweet the following:
@AmandaJBrunker Any information from Bono not in the interview that you might share?

interference has to be the most reactionary place on the internet.

if you expected any major details, you were fooling yourself.

if you somehow think this throwaway interview translates to no album in 2013, then i really don't know what to tell you.

still seems like they're right on par for a fall 2013 release.

also, why would anybody expect her to actually know the album's title? i'd be willing to wager the band don't even have the album title yet.

I'm very tempted to tweet the following:
@AmandaJBrunker Any information from Bono not in the interview that you might share?

More like this

@AmandaJBrunker The whole world was listening to the stunning news you've said to bring. It turned out not to be big news, so why the big lie?
:angry:

i wouldn't say she promised it, but yeah, obviously a gossip girl is going to be all about self promotion. she's not dumb.

Yep, I agree. I was hoping at least for a rough timeline. This makes me feel like they're not any further along than they were a year ago.

but why? you don't know where they were a year ago, other than coming off of a three-year world tour. at the least, bono said they have six songs that they like. so they need another four in the next eight months to have an album for the fall.

if you guys don't think that's actually possible, then yikes.

but why? you don't know where they were a year ago, other than coming off of a three-year world tour. at the least, bono said they have six songs that they like. so they need another four in the next eight months to have an album for the fall.

if you guys don't think that's actually possible, then yikes.

Yea, I know, I'm just cynical. I do think it's possible, and I hope it happens, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Six songs that they like sounds mildly uninspiring for the album. Like they don't have much in terms of a central idea or concept. But I'm going off of very scant evidence.

Sorry... Bono said "we might have six of them..", looking over the interview again. Also "we have some tunes that can be heard through very thick walls".

Any song can be heard through walls if you turn the volume high enough.

You might want to tell Bono that. Maybe we would have another White as Snow or Cedars of Lebanon instead of Get on Your Boots. And maybe Songs of Ascent would have seen the light of day.

Just listened to it.
It bugs me how he talks about the band like he's not a part of it. "They really want it," etc. Is he not a part of the band?

Also, he skirted the question when she asked if the chemistry/recording was magical. "Well, we'll have to see." Maybe 6 songs that might or might not be magical doesn't sound all that exciting.

Ugh, maybe I'm just crabby today, but I honestly had more hope before hearing the interview. I guess the good news is that at least they're doing something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom