Still in doubt? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

By doing that, the albums would be less a collection of songs and more a whole picture. Besides, if they released 2 albums over 16 months, that's still 4 singles in 20 months.
Not necessarilly... Pop and AB had 5/6 singles each one, and they're not simply a collection of songs. When I'm talking about a bunch of singles taken from an album, I'm talking about make it even more known and not only for those who buy the album. 2 singles per-album is not an regular attitude for an artist like U2 are.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aygo

Not necessarilly... Pop and AB had 5/6 singles each one, and they're not simply a collection of songs. When I'm talking about a bunch of singles taken from an album, I'm talking about make it even more known and not only for those who buy the album. 2 singles per-album is not an regular attitude for an artist like U2 are.
I don't know.... I think it's better to have less singles, but have them go higher on the charts, than to have 5 singles, with only one that makes the top 40. Then again, what I meant by singles anyway was less "single" in the term that it's released separately with b-sides and more, and more "single" in the term that it's extremely, undeniably catchy. Kind of like on The Joshua Tree. Although there were 4 singles from that album, not all of them were super catchy.