"Stay" ... but which one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Favorite Version of Stay.

• Zooropa (album) Version

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Zoo Tv acoustic Version

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Extended Film Version

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Elevation acoustic Version

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Craig Armstrong Version

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

Zoocifer

Acrobat
So -

There I was thinking about "Stay (faraway, so close)" and it occured to me that there have been quite a few different versions of it. There's the Zoo TV acoustic version, the Zooropa version, the extended mix for the film Faraway, So Close, and there's the Elevation acoustic version, and finally - there's the most recent Craig Armstrong orchestra version.

Which one is your favorite and why?

I picked the extended film version. I love the drum beat and it just seems to be more emotional to me. Also - how can you say anything's better than Bono singing "do do dodo do do dodo" and so forth?

Thank you.

- The Zoocifer -

album version - I love the guitar effects and it has that great bassline (Zoo Europa or Zooropa Down Under version are my vote for best live version)

I like them all, but I decided I liked the ZooTV version most. Also, you forgot the Underdog Mix, for whatever that might be worth. :)

night wont be enough

Stay album version is a masterpiece.I am not a big fan of the acoustic version.Its a good change, but the full band version is surreal.The extended version is second in my books.

It's all about Jonathin guesting on piano inChicago (was it Chicao 2? can't definately remember)

I have always preferred the amazing full-band version on the album. I don't think it improves being unplugged live.

I love the Elevation acoustic version. I think it makes the song infinitely more personal and intimate and brings a whole new fresh feeling to the song. And Edge's guitar on this version is absolutely gorgeous! I think that stripping down "Stay" really enhanced it and showcased the strength of its hauntingly beautiful melody.

Well, I like every version where Bono doesn't change "Berlin" to some other city's name. STAY is so strongly connected to my hometown - that's how I see it.

...love the vid with Bono standing on the shoulder of the Golden Angel (Siegess?ule) ....

meegannie said:

I love it. I love the whole Craig Armstrong cd.

I have 2 Craig Armstrong CDs and I can't listen to them enough. The song "Let's Go Out Tonight" on The Space Between Us is so achingly gorgeous.

Where the cars go by,
All the day and night,
Why don't you say,
What's so wrong tonight?

Pray for me,
Praying for the light,
Baby baby,
Let's go out tonight.

Where the lights all shine,
Like I knew they would,
Be mine all mine,
Baby I'll be good.

Pray for me,
Praying for the light,
Baby baby,
Let's go out tonight.

I know a place,
Where everything's alright,
Alright,
Let's go out tonight.

Where the cars go by,
All the day and night,
Why don't you say,
What's so wrong tonight.

I pray for love,
Coming out alright, yeah,
Oh baby baby,
Let's go out tonight, yeah.

Baby baby,
Let's go out tonight,
Let's go out tonight.

Tonight,
Tonight,
Let's go out tonight,
Yeah,
Where the cars go by,
Where the lights won't shine,
Tonight.

Doesn't he look a bit like Paul McGuiness?

latest_portrait_craig.jpg

JessicaAnn said:

I have 2 Craig Armstrong CDs and I can't listen to them enough. The song "Let's Go Out Tonight" on The Space Between Us is so achingly gorgeous.
Doesn't he look a bit like Paul McGuiness?

latest_portrait_craig.jpg

I lvoe the Craig Armstrong version as well! I just like the Elevation version slightly more. And as far as Craig goes... I am spellbound by "This Love" completely gorgeous song. It's so gorgeous I don't know what to do about it! wow!

And HOLY FECK! he looks sooo much like paul mcguiness it's uncanny.

ZooTV acoustic version. :heart: I like the album version too, but the ZooTV version is slight better for me... :heart: :)

Back
Top Bottom