Staring at the Sun Full Band VS. Acoustic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
If anyone here has listened to U2's first night on Popmart, you probably enjoyed their version of Staring at the Sun. Besides the fact that they messed up the first time around, I just love the arrangement.

Why doesn't the band do that for every performance? It was way better than the acoustic version, especially The Edge's guitar.

Are they scared or something? Scared that they would mess up again? C'mon, they're better than that.

Hopefully we'll see (yes, see. I didn't get elevation tix) the band play SATS full band next time.

Actually, SATS was played full band for the first 14 shows of Popmart. I believe the 2nd night at Giants Stadium was the first time it was done acoustically. I was at the Columbus show on May 24th, and they did it full band, and I thought it was awesome.

I heard them perform Syay in the full band version
it wasn't a highlight of the show to say the least
love the acoustic version though :up:

downloaded the full band version of Staring at the sun once
I don't think I have that one anymore :hmm:

Sign me up for the acoustic--I LOVED the elevation version. It was lovely! Course, there's no need to do it on Tour '04 since it was played so often on the Elevation tour, but still, I did love it. :drool: :drool:

SD

discothequeLP said:
Please acoustic blew me away

Me too, and I've only ever HEARD it, not seen it. Please into Strets was great too, but heck, I'm down for ANYTHING into Streets....

i really loved the full version of SATS. i saw them in columbus during the popmart tour. larry starts out with this really awesome slow drums and then right at the first chorus the edge kicks in the guitars, itwas truly amazing!

Back
Top Bottom