Stage Set-up For The Next Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
First there was the heart
Then there was the circle Vertigo thing lol
Do you think its going to be something similiar?

I think by the end of Vertigo they realized the need a change. The next tour won't be anything like the Vertigo tour, (or Elevation 2 as I call it). It will reflect the sound and themes of the next album. Who knows what that means, but we'll know in 2009!

The_acrobat said:
The next tour won't be anything like the Vertigo tour, (or Elevation 2 as I call it).

whoaaa you did NOT just go there!!! :ohmy:

:wink:

^^ Elevation 2 ? The gig i went to was like nothing like Elevation tour.

haha yeah, if anything I felt SORRY for someone who'd seen them during Elevation :yikes:

vaz02 said:
^^ Elevation 2 ? The gig i went to was like nothing like Elevation tour.

The actual show (IE setlist and performance) were definately different and better than Elevation to me.

But on the topic of the thread. The Vertigo stage set up was basically Elevation Part II. I was a tad disappointed with it to be honest. They should have at least had another ramp at the end of the ellipse going out to the other end of the floor. That would have been cool.

I think the next tour the staging is going to be different from Vertigo and Elevation. I know Willie was talking about or toying with the idea of 3D video images. He wasnt sure the technology would be where it needed to be though by the next tour to employ that.

Looking forward to anything new. I was a bit disappointed that they used the heart/ellipse twice in a row for the US shows. Loved the other new elements, though.

I actually liked the whole ellipse thing because they were able to reach out to their audience more. Yeah they had the whole B stage thing too but i thought the vertigo/elevation setup was awesome.

stage.jpg

LOL

I found this in Bono's notebook, take it for what you will.

iaat.jpg

Date is probably subject to change. :shrug:

The Disciple said:
They should do like Prince has done on his last and current tour and go "in the round".....

:drool:

But in the round isn't new and innovative. It's been done for years. I went to a Neil Diamond concert in the 90's that was in the round with a rotating stage with scrim curtains that had laser images projected on them.

Dana

I've also considered the in-the-round thing, but it would be a little odd with Edge's backline.

they should've made it in-the-round last tour... I mean.. IT WAS the Vertigo logo...

and with the light-ball curtains, It would've made sense... anyone could've seen them...

They could add Madagascar as the b-stage, but Bono would have to leap over a few fans to get to it, and that doesn't seem all that safe.

I like how there's only ONE fan by Larry's end of the stage :giggle:

catlhere said:
I found this in Bono's notebook, take it for what you will.

iaat.jpg

Date is probably subject to change. :shrug:

Winner :lmao:

I hope someone doesn't puncture a lung by Somalia. That is quite pointy.

This is brilliant! :lol:

But :shh: don't give Bono ideas

If Edge stumbles backwards, like he does a lot of times when playing, he might end up in Spain.

Did you guys really like the Vertigo tour better than the Elevation tour? I think the Elevation tour was a lot more intimate, IMHO. I think the Elevation version of "Streets" was spectaculor. In contrast, I didn't enjoy the Vertigo version because of the Africa theme and the lack of the red background which fits perfect with streets. I mean, its great that Bono is doing all this work for Africa, he is a good person, but I think that the Vertigo tour had too many of the peace issues such as the Africa speech in between Pride and Streets, along with the flags, the One Campaign Speech, the Human Rights Declaration, Coexist.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for peace and to bring an end to suffering, but because of that I didn't feel as much of an intimacy in the Vertigo tour as during the Elevation tour, especially during "Streets."

Back
Top Bottom