Sssoo...Edge on Miracle Drug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
After seeing the debate about if it was Edge that sang on the verse in MD, and then listening to it last nite for the first time, im pretty sure it was him. Bono's vocal came in so fast and loud, that im certain it couldnt have been him singing before.

Anyone else agree?

After the Radio 1 performance, I do not see how anyone could still argue Edge does not sing that verse.

bono_man2002 said:
I thought it was Edge all along...even on first listen to the leak...I Thought it was Edge.

You mean you thought it was the Edge after hearing the beach clips???? You must know his voice like the palms of your hand.

I am convinced that it is the Edge, but only after the live performance. You can definitely hear the difference. It never even occurred to me that it might be the Edge until someone brought it up here yesturday.

EDIT:

Ok did a search and found the other thread.

You all are imagining things....and the likeness to Van Diemens Land?? You've gotta be kidding me..

Its not the Edge, sorry. Its Bono. Just because he starts the chorus in a louder voice means nothing. As well it makes very little sense that Edge would sing a complete verse right during a blistering solo.

Bono's singing it lower because of the context, its appropriate...beneath the noise and din of Edge's solo come's Bono's whisper on behalf of those who desperately need the drug..

Listen to the last 'miracle drug'...its the same voice...is that Edge too?

:huh:

Last edited:
After Edge's slide guitar solo,

He sings:
"Beneath the noise, below the pit,
I hear your voice whispering.....

Nope. He doesn't.

This discussion is like saying all the parts where Bono has changed his voice in all the songs are Edge's too..

We'll have to wait for video, but there is absolutely nothing convincing about the argument for Edge singing this part, so by default Bono gets the verse - Bono does sing the verses and choruses in...99.9% of U2's songs...lol...

gabrielvox said:
Sorry I cant believe the ridiculousness of this thread.

GO BACK TO THE ALBUM CUT AND LISTEN AGAIN.

That is CLEARLY Bono singing.

Clean the wax outta yer ears..lol..

Dude, be open to it!

It's most likely the Edge singing there. I've listened to the part over and over and the more I listen, the more it sounds like the Edge. I was in the exact same boat as you yesterday. I'm 95% sure that it is the Edge. Edge even gets credits for singing on the song.

Well just checked the lyrics book and yes, he does get credit for an "Additional Vocal" as opposed to just "Backing Vocal"...but I dunno...could it be during the breakdown right before the solo?

gabrielvox said:
Sorry I cant believe the ridiculousness of this thread.

GO BACK TO THE ALBUM CUT AND LISTEN AGAIN.

That is CLEARLY Bono singing.

Clean the wax outta yer ears..lol..

Face it Gabrielvox you are WRONG...it is The Edge....

Need the name of a good ear wax remover?

Why this is fun....just friends exchanging thoughts and some who are in need of ear wax remover :angel:

from the "I concede" thread...

U2FAN4LIFE said:

:( It's Edge!!!
And here is why it actually makes sense...

MD was inspired by that young man (I wish I could remember his name!) who was deprived of oxygen as a baby for a couple minutes during his birth. As a result he was confined to a wheel chair and he could not communicate. His mother undaunted, devoted herself to making sure that he would get an education by singing to him, reading to him etc. while never really knowing for certain (through a vocal or physical sign from him) if he could hear her, allthough she insists that in her heart she knew he could.. eventually a "miracle drug" was discovered that would enable him to move a muscle in his neck... he was given a devise that when attached to his forehead would enable to type. When this happened everyone around him was shocked by what came from him... apparently beautiful poetry... he would later go on to get a formal education (the young man was actually a genius!)

Anyway... Bono's verses are the mother's words, while Edge's section is the son's response... listen to the song again... :wink:

Here...this explains the "reason" perfectly.

Listen how clumsy the vocal part "beneath ..." sound on the live version. It is because Edge is trying to sing while he is playing the guitar.

We can hear that struggle. It is Edge.

U2_Guy said:
Listen how clumsy the vocal part "beneath ..." sound on the live version. It is because Edge is trying to sing while he is playing the guitar.

We can hear that struggle. It is Edge.

That's kinda what I thought too. And on that version last nite on Radio 1, Bono comes in so loud and quickly after 'Edge' sings his bit...

It's the Edge. Guaranteed. I've got bionic ears, and I can tell these things.

This gabrielvox character is going to eat his words. Trust me, it's The Edge. It's actually clearer when you listen to the song out loud as opposed to earphones. The timbre in the voice is clearly different when The Edge comes in.

The live vesion from Radio 1 just put a nail in the coffin.

ADecentMelody said:
This gabrielvox character is going to eat his words.

Gabriel is NOT A CHARACTER...he is a VERY TALENTED MUSICIAN/SINGER. I've had the pleasure of seeing him many times...and it is always a treat.

I was just egging him on because he doesn't realize that I can prove my point....but he will soon ...once I zip the file and email it to him. (oh geez...zip...where's that book)

People this is a friendly chat....don't get so personal...remember U2=love=peace.....

BTW Gabriel :sexywink: :hug: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom