Sssoo...Edge on Miracle Drug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mark Freedman said:
And that comment about Edge's solo getting in the way of his singing -- during recording, tracks are often laid down separately! He would NOT be playing at the same time they were recording the vocals!

You mean what U2_Guy said?
He was talking about the live version from Radio 1 the other day.

Lucy3011 said:

You mean what U2_Guy said?
He was talking about the live version from Radio 1 the other day.

Nope, I'm talking about what gabrielvox said on page 1 of this thread:

"Its not the Edge, sorry. Its Bono. Just because he starts the chorus in a louder voice means nothing. As well it makes very little sense that Edge would sing a complete verse right during a blistering solo."

Mark Freedman said:

Nope, I'm talking about what gabrielvox said on page 1 of this thread:

"Its not the Edge, sorry. Its Bono. Just because he starts the chorus in a louder voice means nothing. As well it makes very little sense that Edge would sing a complete verse right during a blistering solo."

Yeah yeah..so I was wrong...anyways he does change/screw the lyrics live, so I guess it's what I said...and what you said...that he likely will have a bit of a...challenge?...with doing both parts live.

But the comment about Seconds?? In no way does Edge sound remotely close to Bono on Seconds...while there is room for deception on MD...

WHAT ABOUT LARRY for cryin out loud??

Larry's singing the drums. Boom-cha.

Edge's voice has matured since Seconds. So has Bono. That's a long time ago, so hard to compare.

U2_Guy said:
Larry's on the ohhhh yeahhhh ohhhhh yeahhhh with Bono. For sure.

I just noticed this the other day. It's not so much the early ohhh yeahhs or the very last ohhh yeahs, but the ones in the middle. What's the point of having him sing that part?

Back
Top Bottom