Spoilt the Suprize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessStreets

The Fly
Just rang my girlfriend at work, told her I was just about to order our twickenham U2 tickets. She didn't want me for some reason, and sounded odd. In the end she had to admit to me that she had already ordered them. Reserved seats as well. Not my birthday till monday, but what the hell, not a bad prezzy like is it!!
:bono:

Careful with your purchase, U2's manager made a public statement about not to purchase any tickets yet. Nothing has been officially announced.

NamelessStreets said:
Just rang my girlfriend at work, told her I was just about to order our twickenham U2 tickets. She didn't want me for some reason, and sounded odd. In the end she had to admit to me that she had already ordered them. Reserved seats as well. Not my birthday till monday, but what the hell, not a bad prezzy like is it!!
:bono:

Hi there!

Please see this News story about tickets for the next U2 tour:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101169

Hope you guys are able to get your money back.

NamelessStreets said:
Oh shit. The tickets we have bought is for twickenham. July 2nd 2005. Are you telling me they are waste of money? £195 each to be exact.

Good grief, there is no chance in hell I'm ever going to spend that much money on a ticket, legal or illegal.

Surely ticket companies cannot do this. It wasnt a dodgy looking site. There are loads if sites selling the same tickets for the same dates. I dont understand. How can they sell tickets if they havent got official dates.

NamelessStreets said:
Surely ticket companies cannot do this. It wasnt a dodgy looking site. There are loads if sites selling the same tickets for the same dates. I dont understand. How can they sell tickets if they havent got official dates.

Ticket companies, especially dodgy ones, will do anything to take your money for something as lucrative as a hotly anticipated U2 tour.

But even U2 busted a fraudulent ticket company a month or so back who were selling tickets ahead of the official tour announcement, leading U2.com to make their statement telling fans to hold off purchasing anything until the announcment is made, at which point everything will be very clear on the concert dates, prices, and onsale dates.

Always best to not purchase tickets for a tour that hasn't been announced yet.

Ok, the money has come off my girlfriends credit card, does it look like we have shit it for getting our money back?? Or is it worth trying? I take it that when the official dates/venues are released, the ticket company will alter the details to suit, and if the tickets happen to be cheaper, it is us that stands the difference.

Out of interest, how much were elevation tickets when they were first released??

It's best to just head U2.com's advice at this point and not purchase any tickets for the tour until they announce it (which might just be next month for all anyone knows). You should definitely attempt to get your money back since nothing for the tour is set in stone yet, other than that it's happening - and just re-purchase tickets when they officially go onsale.

As for the Elevation Tour, I remember the Heart (gen admission) being around $30 and regular seats around $60 (but I'm probably wrong about that).

NamelessStreets said:
Ok, the money has come off my girlfriends credit card, does it look like we have shit it for getting our money back?? Or is it worth trying? I take it that when the official dates/venues are released, the ticket company will alter the details to suit, and if the tickets happen to be cheaper, it is us that stands the difference.

Out of interest, how much were elevation tickets when they were first released??

You should be able to contact your creditcard provider and get them to cancel the transaction. I'm sure if you explain the situation they will be able to help or offer advice.

Good luck
Tanya

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom