Spoiler alert! Superbowl rehersals (setlist)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
atu2 is saying that they are playing

Beautiful Day
Desire
Walk On

I dont think this has been posted yet...

------------------
And I felt like a star...

whooo hooo

I'm actually happy to see that Elevation isn't on the list.

Great song, but getting something else out there is great too.
smile.gif

What happened to the playing ONE out of
BD
Pride
Desire
ISHFWILF
as per the poll on superbowl.com
confused.gif
?

just a side note (not sure if this has been told before) but on the radio the other day I heard them say that all performances will be pre-recorded (lip-synch) except for the performance of "rock legends U2, ofcourse"

atta boy, Bono, give us that true soul singin'

I don't care what they play, honestly. But I will say that the one time I heard a soundcheck before a show, they rehearsed songs that did not get played that night.

I just had a horrible thought...Mariah Carey et al singing the backup hallelujahs on "Walk On." Actually it would probably sound great, I just don't think I'd recover from the visual...lol

help, make the image go away!! why did it invade my brain in the first place??

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
you don't think they'd do that, would they? With the 'Hallelujah's...

*scared*

I dunno..

*hiding under a blankie*

BD into Desire sounds like a weird transition, I wonder if they'll play the Macphitoesque version of Desire. After all didn't Mr. Macphisto say they'll play something new that sounded vaguely familiar? I wonder what that is.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
What happened to the playing ONE out of
BD
Pride
Desire
ISHFWILF
as per the poll on superbowl.com
confused.gif
?

I dont think that they ever said that they were going to play ONLY one from the list, just that they would only give away that one of the following songs would be played...

aaron

Originally posted by kariatari:
I don't think they will throw anybody else in because I read an article about this year's halftime show being the only show in history to feature just one band.

Whew. I'm out of touch, still haunted by early rumors of collaborations.

I approve.
Of course Bono sent me the set list right away and said,"Oh dear elevatedmole [would i say my real name? nah], we love you, please approve our set list!" and of course, who could resist? I approved.
wink.gif

(jeez it seems like i have an overactive imagination today..)

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
just a side note (not sure if this has been told before) but on the radio the other day I heard them say that all performances will be pre-recorded (lip-synch) except for the performance of "rock legends U2, ofcourse"

atta boy, Bono, give us that true soul singin'

I LOOOOOVE that. Take that you stoopid fake-music morons (britney, bsb, et al). Move over boys, the men are in town.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I LOOOOOVE that. Take that you stoopid fake-music morons (britney, bsb, et al). Move over boys, the men are in town.
biggrin.gif

yeah, sula..i soooo agree with you! The U2 men are gonna show those pre-fab puppet musicians..*cough..losers!
rolleyes.gif
how its done! imagine that...a superbowl halftime show finally having some relevance...can ya give me an "amen"?
wink.gif

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace, U2 lovers ...from AdamGrrl

[This message has been edited by eebz (edited 02-01-2002).]

Desiiiiiiiiire! yay!
biggrin.gif

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks M.P.]

It certainly would not disprove the superbowl.com poll. After all, BD is on that list. As well, it may not of been my personal choice off that list, but it was my "realistic" choice.

BD is as much important to these times as One is.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:

I just had a horrible thought...Mariah Carey et al singing the backup hallelujahs on "Walk On." Actually it would probably sound great, I just don't think I'd recover from the visual...lol

I don't think they will throw anybody else in because I read an article about this year's halftime show being the only show in history to feature just one band.

Anyone else remember reading that they were RE-WORKING Beautiful Day, so maybe it will merge into Desire.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Back
Top Bottom