Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, misunderstanding on my part...read into it wrong...fact is though, no one has answered my question.

We can't answer your question, because we're not Matt. I know, it's crazy, and I had to do a double-take myself, but we're really not.

Can everyone go out and get drunk or stay in and do yoga or go out and feed the homeless or stay in and get stoned?

Please, let's do something other than bitch at each other regarding the fucking album, which we really know NOTHING about.

It is not going to be nearly as good, or bad, as we're all making it out to be. It will be a u2 record with songs.

I don't even care anymore when it's released, or even if it gets released.

After years of waiting
Nothing came
As your life flashed before your eyes
You realize

I'm a reasonable man
Get off, get off, get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off, get off, get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
Get off my case

After years of waiting
After years of waiting
Nothing came
And you realize you're looking
Looking in the wrong place

I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case
I'm a reasonable man
Get off my case

this is bogus, man !!

puddy1.jpg

We will know today (17th of Dec) what is going on. The banner at the Spanish U2 site says so, and that was put there at the request of Universal! I think at the moment it is about 4am on the 17th in Spain, so in another 4-6 hours...

I'm going to bed in a couple of hours. If I wake up and there's a new album announced, I'll be thrilled. If not (which I suspect), I'll inch further towards to the conclusion that there's no new album on the pipeline at all, and U2/Universal/Lanois/Eno/Everyone/Else/In/The/World/Associated/With/The/Band are just screwing with their fans for shits and giggles.

We will know today (17th of Dec) what is going on. The banner at the Spanish U2 site says so, and that was put there at the request of Universal! I think at the moment it is about 4am on the 17th in Spain, so in another 4-6 hours...

Really? Almost there. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hang on to your hatz!

I just listened to City of Blinding Lights and distinctly remembered how, when I first heard it, I was excited because it REMINDED me or FELT like a U2 song of old, but, I gotta tell you, tonight, it feels kinda boring, slow and unremarkable. Now, I'm listening to the (song) The Unforgettable Fire, and that still sounds exciting to me and unique and special.

So, I'm just spewing here, but I hope the new material not only feels/sounds great at the outset in this state I'm in of high anticipation, but also down the road. I really hope they put out a special album, you know, one that really sticks. It's not unheard of for a band with a long career to do that. I don't think HTDAAB is in that category of album. (My opinion, alone, I know others feel much stronger about it.)

So, in this time of nothing to do but check in on here several times a day in hopes of some new info, this is where my thoughts are. I love U2's music more than I probably should. Given everything that's going on in the world these days, it would be great to get not just a new batch of U2 songs, but a musical statement that raises the bar on what we expect and what's been done, and that gives us something else, a deeper understanding of the times, more insight on life, on who we are, a wakeup call.

Perhaps I'm asking too much. But it is Christmas time.

My regards to all of you on this forum.

Mark

its so hard not to. I am so freaking excited! i predicted 19th of dec earlier in the thread... I could be pretty close.

I'm pretty sure this time around we'll get the news. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can't imagine how crazy Interference would get when we hear the news. :wink:

I just listened to City of Blinding Lights and distinctly remembered how, when I first heard it, I was excited because it REMINDED me or FELT like a U2 song of old, but, I gotta tell you, tonight, it feels kinda boring, slow and unremarkable. Now, I'm listening to the (song) The Unforgettable Fire, and that still sounds exciting to me and unique and special.

So, I'm just spewing here, but I hope the new material not only feels/sounds great at the outset in this state I'm in of high anticipation, but also down the road. I really hope they put out a special album, you know, one that really sticks. It's not unheard of for a band with a long career to do that. I don't think HTDAAB is in that category of album. (My opinion, alone, I know others feel much stronger about it.)

So, in this time of nothing to do but check in on here several times a day in hopes of some new info, this is where my thoughts are. I love U2's music more than I probably should. Given everything that's going on in the world these days, it would be great to get not just a new batch of U2 songs, but a musical statement that raises the bar on what we expect and what's been done, and that gives us something else, a deeper understanding of the times, more insight on life, on who we are, a wakeup call.

Perhaps I'm asking too much. But it is Christmas time.

My regards to all of you on this forum.

Mark

Amen! :applaud:

Shiiiiiiiiiiit...I'll still be up. Please let that timetable be accurate.

I won't be on in 4-6 hours, so tomorrow morning for me, although I would like to see it when it arrives.

I'm pretty sure this time around we'll get the news. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can't imagine how crazy Interference would get when we hear the news. :wink:

its all about the anticipation... I remember the frenzy last time, but there were nowhere near as many seagulls swarming for any stray piece of chip.

That's what happens when we were initially told we'd have the album by now, and we still haven't got ANY real details confirmed...

When the news hits, this forum is going to explode.
But IF it arrives when indicated by U2spain (probably a matter of hours from now) I think at that time most people in America will be in bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom