Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive said it before, but with the National Championship game being played on Jan 08, i wouldnt be suprised to see this video debut at halftime of the game.

they did that in 2005 with ABOY video.

GO SOONERS!

Last edited:
ive said it before, but with the National Championship game being played on Jan 08, i wouldnt be suprised to see this video debut at halftime of the game.

they did that in 2005 with ABOY video.

GO SOONERS!

I seriously doubt this. ABOY was the second single of the album, and featured New York.

I think people over-estimate the standing and power that America has in these issues on a global scale. While they have a huge fan base, they have a bigger fan-base outside of america, and few of the people in this demographic give a shit..

I seriously doubt this. ABOY was the second single of the album, and featured New York.

I think people over-estimate the standing and power that America has in these issues on a global scale. While they have a huge fan base, they have a bigger fan-base outside of america, and few of the people in this demographic give a shit..

Sometimes ... was Europe's 2nd single.

While I think that hearing the first single before the new year would be awesome and is possible, I don't think it's likely that we're going to get anything at all until at least the start of the new year.

Why?

It seems that U2.com isn't going to be updated until at least the start of the year (see Zootopia mod's message to members below). While I know that U2.com isn't necessarily the first to act in the U2 world, I think it's highly unlikely that they'll release anything having to do with the new album until the new site design is up and running. No point at all in releasing the new single and having people go to a HTDAAB-inspired U2.com. So as cool as I think a Christmas-timed single release would be, I don't think anything will happen until at least December 31st-January 1st.

Now, that doesn't mean we won't get a leak.....:hmm: :love:

Here's a segment of that Zootopia mod post:

[B]Bajagirl: said:
#1 ALL account that are due for renewal in the next month or so have been extended (remain valid) till the start of the new year, and possibly a little past that because.....

#2 We are updating the site with the new look ( it's going to be purty) [/B]

While I think that hearing the first single before the new year would be awesome and is possible, I don't think it's likely that we're going to get anything at all until at least the start of the new year.

Why?

It seems that U2.com isn't going to be updated until at least the start of the year (see Zootopia mod's message to members below). While I know that U2.com isn't necessarily the first to act in the U2 world, I think it's highly unlikely that they'll release anything having to do with the new album until the new site design is up and running. No point at all in releasing the new single and having people go to a HTDAAB-inspired U2.com. So as cool as I think a Christmas-timed single release would be, I don't think anything will happen until at least December 31st-January 1st.

Now, that doesn't mean we won't get a leak.....:hmm: :love:

Here's a segment of that Zootopia mod post:

They could be using the downtime to get the new site up...

the official site could be temporarily replaced by a cover page.. something that features just the streaming single and an album release announcement perhaps, until the new site is ready in jan/feb

the new site will be "colourful" I bet, given what rumours we've heard of the album art

Wait... let's put 2 and 2 together... U2 are appearing and performing on that Irish television show within the next twenty-four hours, too...

Wait... let's put 2 and 2 together... U2 are appearing and performing on that Irish television show within the next twenty-four hours, too...

It's on Tuesday, that's not 24 hours. Plus it's recorded (not live) and probably doesn't get a big enough audience for any big announcements.

That article is dated 14 December. Does anyone know about what time Matt posts his columns? its 5:00 in the afternoon on the 15th hear, and my heart skipped a beat! Either way, expecting major news before COB here on the 16th!!! :hyper::applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom