Sorry, I am new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanessajones82

The Fly
What is the name of that songs that goes "love, we shine like a burning star, falling from the sky?" I know, dumb question, but I have only been listening for a few months now. I need help, you guys need to turn me into a hardcore, know it all fan.

vanessajones82 said:
What is the name of that songs that goes "love, we shine like a burning star, falling from the sky?" I know, dumb question, but I have only been listening for a few months now. I need help, you guys need to turn me into a hardcore, know it all fan.

Hello,

It's fantastic to see new fans on here,

The Fly. Sounds cool. I will have to listen to that song first when I buy the album today. I am getting Achtung Baby and Rattle and Hum. And, if the money is there, Atomic Bomb as well.

The entire CD from song 1 - whatever? Why not, I have all day. I love that song, The Fly. I've heard bits of it before, just never knew the song title.

Ok I'm fucking jealous.

This girl gets to embark on a journey I've never had, she has the majority of U2's catalogue to explore. :(

Me, Being exposed to it from birth and over my entire 18 years, I missed out on that. All I've ever had is the odd new album and then their obscure back catalogue..

On the plus side, U2 is so ingrained into me that I can NEVER get bored! (became really hardcore back in September, and have listened to barely anything else since)

Hehe, I made this journey about 5 years ago, though I actually bought War, and had the best of 1980-90 before the newest album at the time, ATYCLB. :shrug:

Have fun, not sure how new you are, but just some fyi's.

Bono's real name is Paul Hewson, he's the one doing most of the singing. Writes 95% of the words.

Edge's real name is David Evans, he's the lead guitarist. Who on live versions of "New Year's Day" will play the keyboard, guitar, and back up vocals, for the same song!

Adam Clayton is the bassist, one half of the band laying down the foundation, who at one time had an enormous blond afro. :rockon:

Larry Mullen is the drummer, the other half of the band laying down the foundation and he started the band.

Your on your own for the rest of the journey! :)

I'm confused vanessa.. your profile says

U2 shows I've seen: A lot
Prized item in U2 collection: Concert Stubs

But you're a new fan? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom