Sophie's Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy D

War Child
It's 1942. You're in a Nazi concentration camp with the 4 members of U2.

A German soldier comes up to the five of you, cocks his gun, and barks,

"One of them must die! You must choose!"

You begin to protest, but realize it is futile. To save the other three, one must be chosen.

Which U2 member would you choose?

Sophie's Choice was a movie with Kevin Kline and Meryl Streep. It came out in 1982. It was roughly about a woman, who during World War 2, was forced by a German officer to choose which of her children he would kill. If she didn't choose one, he would kill both.

Bah, I refuse to answer this on the basis that none of the band nor myself were alive in 1942 - take that!

starsgoblue said:
Do I want to know why you thought of this? :eyebrow:

You want to know why? It's late and I'm bored. The album isn't out for 50 days and we're scrounging for news. We might as well have a little morbid fun. I figured this would get your guys' goats. :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
Bah, I refuse to answer this on the basis that none of the band nor myself were alive in 1942 - take that!

This is what we would call a 'fictional scenario.' Fiction does not have to be....non-fiction.

Bah to you!:madspit:

typhoon said:
That's sick and disgusting.

...anyway, Larry.

ROFL! :lol: I actually laughed in real life after reading that.

Larry is a good choice, if only because he would take death like a man, remaining very stoic, and showing no fear/facial movement.

Last edited:
Miggy D said:

ROFL! :lol: I actually laughed in real life after reading that.

Larry is a good choice, if only he would take death like a man, remaining very stoic, and showing no fear/facial movement.

Why is Larry a good choice?

Hey Edge!

::sheepishly looking around room for nearest exit::

It's great to have you here. How's things?

::walks backwards slowly towards window::

*cough* The weather is lovely.

::jumps out window::

I was playing off of the joke that Larry shows no emotion. So he would be best prepared to take it.

Yeah. This is quite awkward.

In my defense, I've posted many serious...non-U2-death-scenario threads. Even a thread with some questions for you! I'm flattered you would respond to a post of mine...but oh, of the ones to respond to. :uhoh:

I'll be gourging myself on Ben and Jerry's now.

Cheers.

The Edge said:
I'm messing!

And here I was, thinking you were going to get the Hitman onto Miggy!

:wink:

You lads must be up late wherever you are.......:wink:

Actually, it's around about 6:30pm here in Australia <subliminal message> where you should come on the next tour </subliminal message>. If I have my time differences correct, it's morning in Ireland, right? Hope you are having a good one!

relax Miggy......I was just taking the piss out of ya...:lol:

Have a good day guys! I'm off:wave:

whew. :) It's a relief to know you were joking, and you saved me a trip to the restroom at the same time!

::rim shot::

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! I'll be here 'till wednesday. Remember to tip your waitress.

Wow, I can't believe we just joked around with The Edge! Though I suppose this is a bit more funny for me than for Miggy. But look on the bright side, Miggy - Edge replied to your thread!

Axver - maybe I'll sound like a total wimp here - when I read that post Edge left...I sat frozen in my chair for roughly a minute, deciding whether it would be better to shed tears or crap myself. I'd posted questions for the edge before, hoping he'd respond....and he responds to a thread I start about 'which U2 member would you kill?' Literally I was thinking about simply quitting the forum out of the sheer shame of it. I've wanted to meet Edge for years...this is not how I'd like to introduce myself!

Thank goodness he was joking. The Edge has got a sense of humor. But dear GOD did he take the piss out of me. Whew.

bammo2 said:
blimey.......I'm still laughing now :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know what you mean, bammo2. I was drinking at the time and nearly sprayed it all over the monitor.

I just can't get over it. :lol:

He's a devious one, our Edge! :wink:

And Miggy D? A winner is you!

Miggy D said:
Axver - maybe I'll sound like a total wimp here - when I read that post Edge left...I sat frozen in my chair for roughly a minute, deciding whether it would be better to shed tears or crap myself. I'd posted questions for the edge before, hoping he'd respond....and he responds to a thread I start about 'which U2 member would you kill?' Literally I was thinking about simply quitting the forum out of the sheer shame of it. I've wanted to meet Edge for years...this is not how I'd like to introduce myself!

Thank goodness he was joking. The Edge has got a sense of humor. But dear GOD did he take the piss out of me. Whew.

Mate, it's Murphy's Law - no matter how many other threads you had started or when, this is the one that Edge would have replied to! Seriously, if I were you, I'd probably be as red as a tomato right now, and I'd probably turn into a paranoid lurker. But at least Edge took it in the spirit of things and took it lightly. The guys have a great sense of humour, and at least you got a very original response! I doubt anyone else has spoken to Edge under circumstances quite like these.

Just think, when you meet Edge in person, you can remind him of this thread and look back and laugh! Or maybe you won't want to do that. I'll do it for you! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom