Soooo...if you had a chance...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
...to hear the album one time before it came out via someone you knew who knew a guy who knew a guy....would you do it?

No. I would feel wrong. Maybe if it's somewhere around the 22nd (like few days before), but not now.
Although I want to hear it without any reviews in my head...

Nah, I hate waiting for anything, but at the same time I like it.

We've waited this long. What's another few weeks?

I guess I should add that this listening would take place with a sound system that probably none of us will ever be able to afford in our lifetimes...in theory of course ;nudge nudge, wink wink;

I dont know. I've downloaded the two TOTP clips (ABOY and COBL), downloaded the beach clips of MD and LAPAOE and obviously heard Vertigo.

So altogether, I think there is still a lot left to be heard on the album, really only one proper song is out, even though the live clips do give a pretty good idea of what those songs will be about.

So in theory, no. I want to try and preserve a little anticipation on that first listen, on my stereo with good headphones, kicked back in my room, drinking a beer or 12.

But in reality, I know I would probably cave in. You're gonna hear it sooner or later.

Hell yeah, listen to it. But be prepared to go crazy waiting almost 4 weeks to hear it a second time.

Rafiennes said:
I guess I should add that this listening would take place with a sound system that probably none of us will ever be able to afford in our lifetimes...in theory of course ;nudge nudge, wink wink;

Why are you still sitting here and typing this then? GO! RUN! NOW!

not only would i listen to it, i'd record it, and listen to it over and over again.

and before some of you call me a sinner, yes i'd buy it the day it comes out also.

I'm not saying it IS gonna happen, but if it WAS going to happen, it would be middle of next week sometime...if it was going to happen that is

Rafiennes said:
...to hear the album one time before it came out via someone you knew who knew a guy who knew a guy....would you do it?

Sure why not? Will the album change between now and official release date? I don't think so. I don't see why you have to wait until the official release date.

Cheers,

J

For just one listen, I'd rather just wait until I have the album and can indulge myself as much as I want. So...no.

Back
Top Bottom