SongsThat Should Have Been U2's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Bravery - Unconditional
Coldplay - The One I Love
Coldplay - Moses [to an extent]

I don't know about should have. Could have, on the other hand...

Echo & The Bunnymen - Pride
Coldplay - Moses

Ah, a band that U2 ripped off and a band that ripped off U2. :cute:

Angels and Airwaves - "Suddenly" (rip off of U2... but good)

INXS - "Afterglow" (blatant rip off of With Or Without You... I still like it though :D)

GibsonGirl said:
I don't know about should have. Could have, on the other hand...

Echo & The Bunnymen - Pride
Coldplay - Moses

Ah, a band that U2 ripped off and a band that ripped off U2. :cute:
'

I agree with Moses

The first time I heard Moses, I thought it was U2. Before I heard the vocals, of course.

I know I razz on Coldplay a lot and don't like them at all, but most of what I say just mild teasing. A lot of their songs don't sound like U2. There's elements of U2 in the guitar, but that's usually it.

Moses is the big giant exception. Everything about it sounds like U2. The guitar and rhythm section especially. Chris Martin's voice doesn't sound like Bono's. However, the lyrics and the way he sings them do sound like Bono.

GibsonGirl said:
The first time I heard Moses, I thought it was U2. Before I heard the vocals, of course.

DITTO for me but with 'Clocks' instead!

Their demo version of Talk sounds a lot like U2 too!

Zootlesque said:

DITTO for me but with 'Clocks' instead!

See, now, when I heard that one, I knew it couldn't be U2! Why would Larry repeat the drumbeat he already used on Beautiful Day, just minus the cymbals? :wink:

That song wot they come out to on the vertigo tour.

What is that song by the way?

I think Speed of Sound sound a LOT like U2, I'm actually embaressed to say I thought it was a U2 song I didn't know the first time I heard it :reject:

I think Coldplay will have to be disqualified for this discussion. They're not giving the other bands a chance! :lmao:

GibsonGirl said:

See, now, when I heard that one, I knew it couldn't be U2! Why would Larry repeat the drumbeat he already used on Beautiful Day, just minus the cymbals? :wink:

I think Larry does reuse it(or something close) in Miracle Drug.. unless i'm missing a huge joke and your being sarcastic with the wink and im looking like an idiot.

bono_212 said:
I think Speed of Sound sound a LOT like U2, I'm actually embaressed to say I thought it was a U2 song I didn't know the first time I heard it :reject:

when i first saw the video i was embarrassed INSTEAD of Chris M...

I wish Interpol's 'Take you on a cruise' was u2.....

Ellay said:
That song wot they come out to on the vertigo tour.

What is that song by the way?

"Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire

As for the original question, I agree with those who say Coldplay. Especially Fix You. That song has the typical U2 pattern of starting out soft and slow and then building to a crescendo. I also have to say "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters.

Back
Top Bottom