Songs Worse Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Any songs you think are better in studio and don't sound as good live?

Some songs have been butchered recently, like Still Haven't Found, WOWY, Pride, and BTBS.

Miracle drug , cant stand this live.

I be back with more when my brain clicks

Even better than the real thing and Gone - I looove them live but... studio versions are too good for the live ones...
SYCMIOYO and OOTS - in the album they're perfect, live not despite good
Stay, Zooropa, Babyface, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - live versions are veeeery poor contrasting the album ones

But I don't think that as it has been mentioned WOWY, Pride and BTBS are bad live, I kind of like them, find nothing wrong...

There's a lot of love for City of Blinding Lights live around here. All I can say is that I have to assume it is 1000x better when it is truly 'live', ie you are actually in the room, because every single video or audio I have seen or heard of it live ..... it really stinks.

If God Will Send His Angels.

The early versions of this song weren't even the entire song, and they fell apart, and unfortunately U2 gave up on it live rather quickly(after one leg).

Earnie Shavers said:
There's a lot of love for City of Blinding Lights live around here. All I can say is that I have to assume it is 1000x better when it is truly 'live', ie you are actually in the room, because every single video or audio I have seen or heard of it live ..... it really stinks.

:up:

I've heard it live in concert. I found it to be a decent performance, but definitely not to the level it's hyped around these parts.

Aygo said:

But I don't think that as it has been mentioned WOWY, Pride and BTBS are bad live, I kind of like them, find nothing wrong...

I mean as of late. WOWY on Joshua Tree and LoveTown was outstanding. Pride was good until ZooTV, and has been on a decline since. BTBS was great at JT/ZooTV (different but both great), but since has just not been very good, not as powerful.

PRIDE. It stinks live.

Miracle Drug, Stuck In A Moment, IGWSHA, Zooropa, and So Cruel weren't exactly good either.

phillyfan26 said:

I mean as of late. WOWY on Joshua Tree and LoveTown was outstanding. Pride was good until ZooTV, and has been on a decline since. BTBS was great at JT/ZooTV (different but both great), but since has just not been very good, not as powerful.

Pride Popmart waqs great as well , it wasn't as long as before , but I prefer the popmart version than zoo tv

Well Popmart Bullet works great for me as well , specially the bombin solo :drool:

phillyfan26 said:

BTBS was great in Popmart, it just reminds me that solo and Bono singing "La-la-la... America"... sooo funny...
Yeah, Pride was a bit boring in Popmart and Elevation and the, but for me WOWY always worked live...

Of late = this tour

Of late, definitely Sunday Bloody Sunday. Some others, well I think The Electric Co. is better on the album, that said it still sounds 'wicked!' live. Pride of late, Bullet of late, Mysterious Ways also in my opinion is better on the album (the live versions are a bit too long). I've always found that Still Haven't Found lags a bit live too.

Mysterious Ways' was perfect on ZooTV. The length made it better! The intro and ending added on made it that much more spectacular. One of my all-time favorite live performances.

whenever one of these threads come up i ALWAYS have to start off by saying Stay....

such an amazing and beautiful song....but falls on its face live....ESPECIALLY the acoustic elevation versions....the only version i have heard that is decent is the dublin zootv version....

another that i dont like live is if u wear that velvet dress....ironically the one version of this song that sticks out in my mind as being good is the very first popmart show...las vegas...the show that everyone says was terrible...and i must admit that the performance of the whole show was in fact lack luster but on this particular song they actually play edge's entire guitar solo....just like on the album version...many other popmart shows later on i found they did a different guitar solo, much shorter and butchered

COBL_04 said:
^ That's ZooTV. Im talking about Chicago, and maybe even the Slane one.

In that case, I agree that they aren't good. But I actually think they are too short without the intro. I also miss the singing bits at the end.

I thought they butchered Crumbs From Your Table the few times they played it live. I was really glad they stopped.

Z00rop@83 said:
whenever one of these threads come up i ALWAYS have to start off by saying Stay....

such an amazing and beautiful song....but falls on its face live....ESPECIALLY the acoustic elevation versions....the only version i have heard that is decent is the dublin zootv version....

another that i dont like live is if u wear that velvet dress....ironically the one version of this song that sticks out in my mind as being good is the very first popmart show...las vegas...the show that everyone says was terrible...and i must admit that the performance of the whole show was in fact lack luster but on this particular song they actually play edge's entire guitar solo....just like on the album version...many other popmart shows later on i found they did a different guitar solo, much shorter and butchered

Yeha, i thought that Boston was good, but avergae.

Arent most songs worse live? I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

I would think that listing the songs that are BETTER live would make more sense. :wink:

Z00rop@83 said:

such an amazing and beautiful song....but falls on its face live....ESPECIALLY the acoustic elevation versions

Huh?? The live Elevation version is phenomenal....blows the album version out of the water. No contest.

Huh?? The live Elevation version is phenomenal....blows the album version out of the water. No contest.

i dunno i gotta disagree with ya on that one, your zooropa cd must be skipping or something :huh:

I know most people are quick to say "If God Will Send His Angels" but I think if they went back to that song and rehearsed it a bit, it would be one of the highlights of the set (I think it belongs in Miss Sarajevo's spot on the tour).

New York (Bootleg Experience) Thought it was pretty average till the 3rd leg of Elevation.

The Fly on the first 5 shows of the Vertigo tour - Ok it sounded awsome, aside from the singer.

ABOY - Till the 3rd Leg of vertigo, then it somehow took off.

Most of UF apart from Pride, Bad and maybe MLK.

Desire from RaH.

One, Who's gonna ride... and Love is blindness from AB.

All of Zooropa not counting Dirty day.

Pop except Discotheque, Mofo, SATS, Gone, Please and LNOE.

ATYCLB: Stuck, Kite, Wild honey.

Bomb: MD, ABOY, Yahweh.

Back
Top Bottom