Songs U2 should be ashamed of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Crumbs from Your Table? Yeah ok pal. Spin again.

Seriously

I disliked Miami for a LONG time. I can take it in small doses.

Vertigo I dismissed until we played it live which was the day after it was leaked to the internet and then I loved it from that point forward.

Elevation still makes me cringe somewhat. I understand the message and big ups to the B man for referencing I n I in the sky but otherwise I feel it's a pretty lame pop song. It was fun being in the crowd to sing with the band on the Vertigo version tho. and the little Larry moment.

BUT HANDS DOWN!

The U2 song that I feel should have NEVER made it onto any form of listenable media anywhere?

BIG GIRLS ARE BEST.

good grief I can't count the many ways this song is stupid, and I personally kinda like big girls too! Plus the fact that some nitwit came on Wire and said how Bono impregnated her best friend in Mexico blah blah and thats who the song is for. so that makes me want to hurl everytime I hear it.

Cant really think of any others I like all of their stuff to varying degrees, remixes, Dont Take Your Guns To Town, et al.

:)

XHendrix24 said:
They should be ashamed of Rattle and Hum (the album).
They should have released a live album of all the performances from the R&H movie, and then a separate album with the new studio songs.

That may well be, but I don't see how they should be ashamed of it, Rattle and Hum is a cool album.

Zooropa is something they should be ashamed of. Pure and utter dog shit.

I'll also add Grace.
"It's a name for a girl / It's also a thought that changed the world" Blech...

I guess I could go with the U2 songs I don't like (couple "shockers"):

A Man and a Woman
When I Look at the World
Peace on Earth
So Cruel
Lemon
When Love Comes to Town
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
Trip Through Your Wires
Promenade
4th of July

(NOTE: I don't own Pop, Zooropa, Rattle and Hum, October, or Boy, so there are probably more I wouldn't like had I heard the songs.)

ImOuttaControl said:
One: It's only considered a masterpiece to most people. Yes it has been played to death, but if you truely think U2 should be ashamed of writing this song you are an idiot.

Harsh, but you have a point. One would probably be the last song U2 would ever be ashamed of.

gabrielvox said:
BUT HANDS DOWN!

The U2 song that I feel should have NEVER made it onto any form of listenable media anywhere?

BIG GIRLS ARE BEST.

good grief I can't count the many ways this song is stupid, and I personally kinda like big girls too! Plus the fact that some nitwit came on Wire and said how Bono impregnated her best friend in Mexico blah blah and thats who the song is for. so that makes me want to hurl everytime I hear it.

:up: I can't agree with you more on this one. IMO it is the absolute WORST song ever written by U2.

Miami
Babyface
Playboy Mansion
Refugee gets pretty close

Songs from October should not count given the lyric book story / fiasco.

What they should be more ashamed of, IMO, is how they are pulling singles off of their records of late -- if memory serves correctly, Stuck was the second US single from ATYCLB -- what marketing genius came up with that one? Elevation, Walk On, Kite all would have been better follow ups IMO -- same theory -- I'm no artist and can understand the whys, but geepers, maybe try some radio friendly shortened versions -- the US audience seems to go brain dead after 3 to 3 1/2 minutes -- shorten up and get some airplay guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom