Songs they should keep, drop, add.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Cure are touring at the moment, I'm seeing them in Sydney in a few days time, and I hear their setlists is approx 41 songs and some 3 hours long. This is something U2 haven't done in the past and I've love to see them try this on the next tour. Bruce Springsteen has how many years on them, at least 15, and he can still do 3 hour shows.

gabrielvox said:
heh...yeah...Larry's SUPPOSED to be the mean one...but that's just a front

anyways, do the math Larry

4 shows per week X 25 songs = 100 songs, and 4 nights of pain, and months of internet losers bitching about how short the sets are

3 shows per week X 32 songs = 96 songs and a hell of alot of happy campers, and only 3 nights of pain

:shrug:

Mcguinness would have none of it.

4 shows week x 15000 bums on seats x 100/ticket average = $6M

3 shows week x 15000 bums on seats x 100/ticket average - $4.5M

Give up $1.5M/week just to keep internet loser fans happy ? Mcguinness ?

toscano said:

Give up $1.5M/week just to keep internet loser fans happy ? Mcguinness ?

No totally, the math wouldn't be as good...but...I think the physical toll on them personally and on their familes/relationships would be less and they could put a new twist on their live show...I think more than just us loser internet fans would take note, I think the other general concert going public sees that other acts perform far longer per night and would see that as a positive step on U2's part, I dunno.

At this point, do they need to worry about that extra show per week, at least from a money perspective?

25 songs a night is enough. More shows = more people get the chance to see them. Less shows = even more fighting for tickets. Or U2 being on tour for 3 years without a break. No way. It's good the way it is.

Hey I'll readily agree that 25 songs is great (however in reality that is more like 22 or 23 full, right?) and I'll also readily admit that I'm so simutaneously emotionally lifted, exhausted, recharged, and drained and back again by those same 25 songs that at the show I don't go 'shit they only played 25 songs why don't they play 40 like Rush'. I mean it's like sex...sometimes it's not as long as others, but if it's mind-blowing you don't sit there going 'fuck well that could've been 6 positiions instead of 5'...you just go back for more....but I digress wildly here :lol:

It's usually in the context of dropping/adding songs that I wish there were more played because I find it so hard to work with 25 songs..probably just me...

gabrielvox said:
Hey I'll readily agree that 25 songs is great (however in reality that is more like 22 or 23 full, right?) and I'll also readily admit that I'm so simutaneously emotionally lifted, exhausted, recharged, and drained and back again by those same 25 songs that at the show I don't go 'shit they only played 25 songs why don't they play 40 like Rush'. I mean it's like sex...sometimes it's not as long as others, but if it's mind-blowing you don't sit there going 'fuck well that could've been 6 positiions instead of 5'...you just go back for more....but I digress wildly here :lol:

It's usually in the context of dropping/adding songs that I wish there were more played because I find it so hard to work with 25 songs..probably just me...

How many times after a U2 show do you find yourself saying "damn, I'm so happy they didn't play a few more songs" ?

Vertigo will close the first part of the show... before Encore 1

or maybe before Encore 2

so COBL will close before Encore 1 :wink:

Notices people want to drop pride,

Im actually surprised and I know U2 won't drop it cuz they know that not only die hard fans come to the concerts, but people that like U2 that isnt a die hard fan that would like to hear classics..

and dont say pride isnt a classic:wink:

toscano said:

How many times after a U2 show do you find yourself saying "damn, I'm so happy they didn't play a few more songs" ?

And to add to my last post,

who says, damn, why did they play pride?

People just think of it after because its always on the list..

Keep:
AIWIY
WTSHNN
WGRYWH
First Time
Vertigo
Yaweh(but only if they played fullband)
Beautiful Day
BAD
Electric Co
OOC
Walk On
OTH
Discotheque

Add:
Stories For Boys
Tomorrow
October
Seconds
Surrender
ASOH
Wire
UF
IGC
RHMT
Love Rescue Me
GPII
Heartland
WLCTT
H269
Van Diemen's Land
All Along Watchtower
EBTTRT
So Cruel
TTTYAATW
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
LIB
Zooropa
Lemon(I know it could be realy hard but they could rework it just like they did with Fly on Elevation tour)

Stay
The Wanderer
Mofo
LNOE
Gone
Please
DYFL
POE
WILATW
New York
OSC
Electrical Strom
THTBA(New Bono opera perforemence, follow up to Miss Sarajevo)
HMTMKMKM
Night And Day
Wild Irish Rose(After hearing Bono do a pirate song on Rouges Gallery, this song would be realy inressting to hear)
Slow Dancing

Wouldnt it be nice to have a poll of the most wanted 10 songs to hear live and then start a name sign list and then send it to U2?
Anyone remember Slane? :)

Back
Top Bottom