Songs that would be better singles for Best Of 1990-2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
Its pretty much been confirmed that "Electrical Storm" and "The Hands That Built America" are the two new songs (and singles?)from "Best Of 1990 - 2000"

Which songs (that were released in that time period)
do you think would make good singles?

For example the new mix of "Gone", or "Until The End Of The World" officially released as a single, or a new mix of a song like "Baby Face".

What's your opinions?

I don't know, but I think U2 would never just make a new single out of an old song.... :scratch:

But since these are all U2 songs, every song would be a good sinlge. :D

FallingStar said:
I don't know, but I think U2 would never just make a new single out of an old song.... :scratch:

Ummm... Remember how The Sweetest Thing was an B Side off the Where The Streets Have No Name single in 1987?

You might also recall that it revamped and released as a single of its own in 1998 for Best Of 1980-1990. Didn't U2 make a single out of an old song in that instance?

What I'm saying is could U2 do a simliar thing with a song released between 1990-2000 for the next Best Of instead of releasing two completely new songs?

Maybe a studio version of "Can't Help Falling In Love?" The version Bono did solo doesn't count, 'cause it was weird.

I don't really see the point in releasing an old song as a single from a best of if it's already been released before! I think Electrical storm is brilliant!!!!!!!!!

north and south of the river
lady with the spinning head
where did it all go wrong?
salome
wake up dead man (axtung beibi outtake... oooo... I'd love to see what U2 would have done with this song in its finsihed state :drool: )

Michael Griffiths said:
'Where Did It All Go Wrong'

A re-worked version of that would have been AMAZING.

I was very disappointed when I knew it wouldn't even be included in the b-sides disc :tsk: It's a great song.

Back
Top Bottom