Songs that sound oddly like a U2 song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Keane - Is It Any Wonder sounds like Zoo Station

Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon sounds like I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Savage Garden's Crash And Burn sounds a lot like Bad...

$10 says this thread is going to turn into a Coldplay discussion/mocking session.

all coldplay song's, ALL COLDPLAY SONG = u2
achtung baby,zooropa,pop, are the only albums that separate u2 from coldplay!!!
ps some one give Axver 10$

Last edited:
theu2fly said:

It's mostly just the intro but yeah every time I listen to it I think Zoo Station. I like the new Keane album. The first tiem my brother heard Is it Any Wonder he said and I quote 'Holy crap! Total U2 ripoff!" :laugh:

The rhythm section in Creep reminded me of U2 the first time I listened to it. But it sounds more like it's influenced by U2, which is good, rather that ripping off U2, which is bad. Besides, Creep is far too "I'm so miserable I wish I were dead"ish to be a U2 song.

Yeah, Keane's Is It Any Wonder is a Zoo Station remake.
Same drum track (even more noticeable with live Zoo Station), very identical "guitar" riffs almost copy-paste, only the bassline seems to differ sometimes, and the song is quite shorter.

shaun vox said:
all coldplay song's, ALL COLDPLAY SONG = u2
achtung baby,zooropa,pop, are the only albums that separate u2 from coldplay!!!
ps some one give Axver 10$

I tend to agree with you!! One reason why I hate Coldplay, is that they always(!!) try to copy u2-songs, they don't have any original idea to create in their music!! !:mad: My other reason for hating Coldplay is that I can't stand Martin's voice!

I think War album and the Joshua Tree album also UNIQUE for U2, and seperate them from Coldplay.

Aygo said:
Yeah, Keane's Is It Any Wonder is a Zoo Station remake.
Same drum track (even more noticeable with live Zoo Station), very identical "guitar" riffs almost copy-paste, only the bassline seems to differ sometimes, and the song is quite shorter.

I thought the same thing when I first heard it, sounds like Zoo station. :huh:

I'm not saying that Keane copy-pasting "Zoo Station" is bad, I think that their song is very listenable and catchy.
And U2 have made the same too. Look at WOWY and his similarities with Bowie's "Heroes" in the drums/percursion and the synths it almost match.

Running to Stand Still is Heroin without the good bits.
Then again you could argue the majority of rock and roll sounds 'like' the Velvet Underground, so meh.

Re: Re: Songs that sound oddly like a U2 song...

bono_man2002 said:

If today is pick a song that sounds totally diffrent to Zoo Station and Pretend that it does sound Like Zoo Station Day...

Then Yes!
I guess you missed the thread a while ago where I mixed both songs together in about 5 minutes and posted it.

Still wish I had the file.

Is It Any Wonder?'s beginning piano bit sounds alot like Even Better Than the Real Thing as well.

Anything with a delay sounds like a U2 song, it's common fact.

The Edge invented that effect out of metal and brawn, next to Chris Martin inventing the piano.

It would be more fun to find bands that U2 sound like, rather than the other way around.

theu2fly said:

Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon sounds like I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Savage Garden's Crash And Burn sounds a lot like Bad...

One day... In the future... When we have all moved on to a different planet... theu2fly is going to make a thread where he hasnt got a single fact wrong, hasnt tried to make up a stupid rumour or will come to a logical conclusion.

Unforunately I'll probably be dead and gone when that day comes :(

Canadiens1160 said:
Burninated!

:drool:

Oh, Trogdor!

Um...I don't hear any similarities between that KISS song and Desire, but maybe that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom