Songs that should continue on forever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if Until the end of the world is dropped for the next tour.....i wont be to impressed....
they can however make it up to me by playing Acrobat :)

i agree with bono man 2002. acrobat should be played live. But songs that should be in their setlist forever....
Streets
Bullet
They Fly
Walk On (I think it's perfect)
All I Want is You
Angel of Harlem
Bad

...yeah, bastards...

And they could have at least played 'Heartland'. One of their most beautiful pieces of music.

bayernfc said:
I just Love "Love Rescue Me" from lovetown's last shows.... so sad they gave up on R&H songs in later tours.

execpt for Deisre and Angel Of Harlem on Elevation.....

but yes, i'd love to see LRM back in the set for 1 or 2 shows on next years tour.

Hawkmoon 269 ... I would be so insanely happy if they brought that back. November 18, 1989, Sydney is just AWESOME.

I think the only songs that should be on the permanent concert setlist are:

Streets
Bad

Oh, and I guess Sunday Bloody Sunday too. As long as the state of the world requires U2 to keep singing that song, it cannot be dropped from the setlist without violating some unwritten law of nature.

Other than that, please, please bring back some of the lesser played songs. Out of Control from the Elevation tour was brilliant. I would love to see The Electric Co on the next tour. Hawkmoon 269 would be great too.

But please, for the love of all that is holy, drop WOWY and Bullet! We've heard enough of those songs already.

Is it just me or could promenade go just go on for 5 minutes and then melt into if you were that velvet dress then build a good With or Without you? Kinda like popmart live from mexico exept with promenade in there, I just like that sound.

Mango said:
I think the only songs that should be on the permanent concert setlist are:

Streets
Bad

Oh, and I guess Sunday Bloody Sunday too.

Hmm ... I'd have to disagree there. The only song that I feel deserves to permanently stay on the setlist is 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and not Elevation-style but back like how it was done when it really did define live shows. Of course, this seems like blasphemy in some quarters, who think a U2 concert without Streets just isn't a U2 concert ... and I wouldn't have a problem if it did stay permanent, but if I have to choose between it or 11 O'clock, we all know what I'm going to pick.

I've always thought that they should play Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad. They might as well just be one track on the TUF CD.

Back
Top Bottom