Songs that have helped you cope....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonator

The Fly
What songs have helped you cope through rough times? I have been going through some right now. My g/f almost died on the weekend, in a car accident. We were both at an out of town party, and she went home with some other people. She is abot 3 hours away, and i am stuck in college for the week. Her heart has stopped a few times, and she was revived. I feel so helpless right now. I like listening to "Kite" right now. The lyrics "...I know this is not goodbye" has really hit home. "Bad", and "Running to Standstill" has helped me along too. What songs help you cope in bad situations?

"Stuck In A Moment" helped me...I'd rather not go into detail in public about the situation, but I listened to that song constantly.

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

Yah i forgot to mention that one too...That one has helped alot.

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 10-09-2001).]

Even though it's one of my favourite songs.. I might recommend against listening to Wake Up Dead Man. Unless you want to cry.. or unless you hate the song.

Yah i just listen to all of "Wake up dead man". I never liked it before, but it brought me to tears. I guess that's do to my circumstances. Thanks everyone.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, I hope that she is doing better!!!

Personally for me, So Cruel was a big one a ways back in a relationship, and recently Stuck/Walk On/Kite helped with some other personal things. Kite still gets me chokey every time I hear it!

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
- Kathleen -

Yeah Kite for me too. Also, One Tree Hill, Drowning Man, North and South of the River...
Prayers to you and your girlfriend...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
"Stuck In A Moment" helped me...I'd rather not go into detail in public about the situation, but I listened to that song constantly.

same here! When I first heard this song almost a year ago, I was so beyond stuck in a moment.... and this song just helped me out... tremendously!!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thanks to everyone for everything. She's still in critical condition. I am praying that she just lives. I can't lose her

This are really, really sad news! I hope she recovers fast!

My pledge in such a situation would be "Walk on" I presume.

------------------
beLIEve

"Walk on" is a very comforting song. Because of my tragidies I have decided to do a cover of "Wake Up Dead Man", '"One Tree Hill, and "Running to Stand Still", in my band. I feel they would be really appropiate.

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 10-10-2001).]

Tori Amos's Merman. If you have the means, I'd recommend you download it, just to listen. The lyrics are vague, but I'll tell you the background to it: it was written with the murder of a gay boy in mind, who was brutally raped and killed by priests. Well, that's the story I heard anyway. If I'm not wrong, it happened in Wyoming?? Anyway, this is Tori at her rawest and quietest. Just her and her piano. The melody and feeling is enough to heal, in my opinion.

foray

The entire ATYCLB album has been quite a comfort for me the last few weeks. Also, Drowning Man [imagine its God telling you to hang on and you'll understand] and 40.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

She is doing much better. Thanks for all the support from everyone, and from the comfort from the band.

(((Lemonator))) I hope your G/F is doing beter.

For me "Stuck" was a blessing when I first heard it a year ago. I was going through some really hard times. And that song just helped me tremendously then, and it still continues to help me cope with my ever going problems.

Also "Walk On" Particulary : "And I know it aches how your heart it breaks, and you can only take so much... walk on..."

And many other songs. I swear they write the soundtrack to my life. Gawd I love this band!
smile.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Stuck In a Moment
Acrobat
Zooropa (Don't worry baby it's gonna be alright)

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

I owe so much to U2 for writting Walk On and now this new single version with Halleluja's.Really the last 2 months have been real tough,I seriously dont know what was going on, it was such a bad time and I had no one,literally no one, what the hell!.But every night this song with its caressing guitar(love u The Edge) and those vocals like wind through the hair and straight into the heart.I stopped expressing personal feelings on web long time back, but for this song I can't conceal anymore.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

R.E.M. - World Leader Pretend
R.E.M. - E-bow, The Letter
U2 - Rejoice

it shows that I've been a happy trooper the last few years

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Lemonator:
She is doing much better. Thanks for all the support from everyone, and from the comfort from the band.

I'm glad, please let us know again how she is.

As others have said, the whole of ATYCLB is very good for making you feel better. Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now...

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

Back
Top Bottom