songs that are on the wrong album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I brought this up back when we were getting our first taste of Electrical Storm, so between all the EC threads and the fact that my topic was probably vague (I don't remember what it was now! :lol:), the thread quickly got pushed off the front page.

I recently put all my U2 CDs on my computer, and in my media library I can play the entire catolog at random. This results in some interesting listening, let me tell you! :happy:

I have to admit that whenever "Trip Through Your Wires" came on JT, I'd usually skip it...but when I listened to it in the shuffled mix of ALL their music, I really enjoyed it. I don't know...For me, it just didn't really fit the whole mood of what JT was about. I'm not sure if it would have done better for me on R&H or not.

Are there any songs that you feel are on the wrong album? Which album would you move them to and why?

"tgbht" & "es" should have been on every release of 'atyclb'
"ms" would have fit on 'pop'
"hmtmkmkm" on 'zooropa' would have been nice
"bgab" on 'pop' - no question about this mistake
'lwash' deserves a better life than that of a b-side

HMTMKMKM sounds like The Fly Part 2 so it could have went on Achtung Baby, Also, I can't believe they left it off Zooropa!!!! It would have fitted in perfect.:shocked: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm so tired of these songs abbreviations! I don't know what songs you people are talking about a lot. Obviously, I know what HMTMKMKM stands for, but does so much abbreviating have to go on?

Hello,

I don't mind the acronyms that much, but I often do get confused when somebody uses the wrong acronym. lwash does not exist, but LWTSG is a good acronym for Lady With The Spinning Head (just like ifwtvd should be IYWTVD for If You Wear That Velvet Dress). So please, when you use an acronym, use it with the correct spelling or almost nobody understands the song you're talking about. Please?

As for the original topic, I don't think anything should be changed.

C ya!

Marty

yeah this thread now sucks cos nobody can understand what the fuck u r going on about. Mysterious Ways was even abbreviated...its 2 words for fucks sake!!!1

:rant: :coocoo:

i cant go to sleep until someone tells me what bgab is.

zooropa was soooo out of place.

KhanadaRhodes said:
if anyone knew anything about U2 they'd know hmtmkmkm was intended for zooropa but wasn't finished in time. you dumbasses!!! :tongue: :wink:

I consider myself fairly knowledgable on the subject of U2 and I didn't know that. What is your source of this information?

Tip Top Prince said:

I consider myself fairly knowledgable on the subject of U2 and I didn't know that. What is your source of this information?

:scratch: If I remember correctly, Flanagan mentions something about it in his Bible.

I have a question for you all...Where would you put "A Celebration"? or what about "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (single version) or "Touch"?

wertsie said:

:scratch: If I remember correctly, Flanagan mentions something about it in his Bible.

I have a question for you all...Where would you put "A Celebration"? or what about "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (single version) or "Touch"?

A Celebration as well as 11 O'Clock Tick Tock would have easily fit on Boy. Those songs are very youthful in nature, and Boy was a youthful album about self discovery, uhm not in a perverted sense. They would have been out of place on October, a much more serious and darker album than Boy.

KhanadaRhodes said:
if anyone knew anything about U2 they'd know hmtmkmkm was intended for zooropa but wasn't finished in time. you dumbasses!!! :tongue: :wink:

Ok...its just that I read on this forum that they left it off that album becaus they thought it sounded too much like a hit.

Re: i cant go to sleep until someone tells me what bgab is.

big
girls
are
best :D

btw...in case anyone couldn't tell...i was indeed joking about the whole dumbass bit. my source of information was umm...yes, the bible, and that mysterious ways (hidden meanings) site dissects the zooropa cover and you can see several song titles (wake up dead man, hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me, and the wanderer) if you strain your eyes enough. they outline them for you. :)

Exit would have been great on AB, it?s a sign of what was goung on in the bandmembers heads about revolutionizing rockmusic

has anyone ever asked a band member why 11:00 tick tock wasnt included on boy? its one of those questions i would love to know the logic behind.

bono_man said:
has anyone ever asked a band member why 11:00 tick tock wasnt included on boy? its one of those questions i would love to know the logic behind.

*adding this to my list of things to ask/tell the band when I meet them :lol:

standers said:
Exit would have been great on AB, it?s a sign of what was goung on in the bandmembers heads about revolutionizing rockmusic

Yeah, Exit is definitely a preview of the AB sound.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

bono_man said:
i'm not sure...i'm sure another day never was since it was released on cbs records. but 11 o'clock tick tock was released on island records. well, in ireland it was still released on cbs records, so maybe that was the reason why. :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom