Songs of Innocence - Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was under purchased on mine but I still had to download it, I think you can set it to auto download but surely that's the users fault for having it set that way?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's all a show, people overreact. It's not that bad, and it's not that important.

I think it also proves that a lot of iPhone users have no clue how to actually use their iPhone. It took me about 5-10 minutes tops when I first switched to iPhone how to navigate the settings of the music app.

I think it also proves that a lot of iPhone users have no clue how to actually use their iPhone. It took me about 5-10 minutes tops when I first switched to iPhone how to navigate the settings of the music app.

Anyone who uses the Internet/Cloud has stuff downloaded onto their device EVERY DAY that they didn't ask for. Cookies, tracking software, etc. Stuff that is way more nefarious than a U2 album. Then again, a significant segment of the population wants to believe that a U2 album is nefarious.

I honestly believe there would be less complaining if Apple were putting unsolicited Abu Ghraib videos in everyone's iTunes library. Sheesh.

I'd like to ban use of the words "fresh" "consistent" and "personal" from all future comments on this record, just to see if anyone could think of anything else to say about it. Reminds me of the time some blogger counted up how many times the final Harry Potter movie was described as "dark".

I'm impressed with how crisp, steady and intimate this album sounds.

Anyone who uses the Internet/Cloud has stuff downloaded onto their device EVERY DAY that they didn't ask for. Cookies, tracking software, etc. Stuff that is way more nefarious than a U2 album. Then again, a significant segment of the population wants to believe that a U2 album is nefarious.

I honestly believe there would be less complaining if Apple were putting unsolicited Abu Ghraib videos in everyone's iTunes library. Sheesh.

:up:

This. If only everyone could understand that.

If anything people should welcome it. If U2 is considered malware, I'd be all about having malware that wants to feed the hungry. I'm hungry right now, actually.

I've had to help a handful of people at work get the album into their iTunes on their iPhones. I did it easily, and I don't even have an iPhone.

Thankfully, no one's asked me to help them delete it. :wink:

exactly....and I currently have so many melodies running through my brain...right now its sleep like a baby tonight. I wish edge could have extended that solo on the troubles. it cuts out way too short. don't really have an urge to skip any songs.

Yes! That was my first reaction my first time through...

Now - after many, many listens - I'm picking up the hidden gems.

Look, annoyance is one thing. People going out of their way to spend wayyyy more time than just deleting it and move on with their life is telling.

Why the hell would someone go out of their way to get on social media and start screaming and crying and beating their chest about how this is an "invasion" and an "assault" that was committed "without my consent."

I mean, seriously -- grow the F up and move on. Comparing a free gift album of 11 songs to someone breaking down your door and assaulting you without your consent is just ridiculously immature and clueless.

Look, annoyance is one thing. People going out of their way to spend wayyyy more time than just deleting it and move on with their life is telling.

Why the hell would someone go out of their way to get on social media and start screaming and crying and beating their chest about how this is an "invasion" and an "assault" that was committed "without my consent."

I mean, seriously -- grow the F up and move on. Comparing a free gift album of 11 songs to someone breaking down your door and assaulting you without your consent is just ridiculously immature and clueless.

Voicing concern...like about free music in my library --

e8XaIaY.gif

Free music -- and videos -- in one's music/videos libraries has been around way before iPhones came along. Where have these people been? In the past when I bought desktop PCs (remember those?) and laptops (remember those?) they came with free music tracks and free videos and free photos in those respective libraries.

I didn't pitch a hissy fit about that in the 1990s by emailing Dell or standing outside of their HQs with a sign, screaming at the clouds in the sky.

yeah, sure.. I read you. But who are you talking to? This is the album discussion thread!

And I'm sure most of them are on Android using Spotify anyway.

There's a very weird "hive-mind" out there in social media. The good news is that like most swarms - they vanish quickly.

I'm realize the "hive-mind" has always been present - but the instant ability to whine-cast to so many people at once is exaggerating this standard human flaw.

I am surprised there are 90's kids who are still listening to music through iTunes and not through streaming services. I thought I was the only one.

yeah, sure.. I read you. But who are you talking to? This is the album discussion thread!

Sorry, I thought there was some debate about this issue in this thread. Maybe I have the wrong one.

In that case, my apologies for invading & assaulting this thread without anyone's consent, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom