Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And TBT could really be a hit. It's good. BUT.... RD's inside source believes some weird and serious shit is going down. If you take that as gospel it doesn't matter how logical everything else is...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

I love all this panic even though we technically heard an entirely new U2 song just a few weeks back. So weird how all of that played out, and that there are essentially no traces of it anywhere online.

It leaves me optimistic. I could see them playing it at the event – could explain why they wanted to take it down.

Oh dear.

mtwg8cntzslepdpzhlke_zps95782e6d.gif

asdgd_zps696fc205.gif

cmt-medium-3.gif

I liked the sound of what you said then I saw this (below) and it's quite a depressing gig to dream anything up again.. iheart means nothing to most of the world, and sounds a bit shit.. and the line up is shocking.. this could be awful but I hope there is a twist but can't imagine how?

This year, the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival lineup includes U2, Sting, Britney Spears, Drake, Sam Hunt, twenty one pilots, Billy Idol, Florida Georgia Line, OneRepublic, Sia, Cage The Elephant, Zedd, Tears for Fears, Ariana Grande, Pitbull and Usher. The iHeartRadio Music Festival will also include performances from this year's Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star winner, Los 5.This year's iHeartRadio Music Festival is also headed to a brand new venue -- the T-Mobile Arena!

what?!

Hi Jim, Team GB in tha house :D

I think there are enough big current pop stars playing, Sia, Drake, Ariana, One Republic, Pitbull and Britney still counts I guess, and most are promoting new stuff it seems, although I do see where you are coming from. I'm sure U2 only want to reach a large proportion of the US pop music audience I guess. It's not exactly the best bands and artists in the world, just some very popular ones.

Who knows at the moment what will go down? maybe they will duet with Sia? and then Britney and Ariana will dance dirty with Bono to Mysterious Ways...:dancing:

I'm only half joking too :D

Anything or nothing could happen, we just don't know :shrug:

I will be severely disappointed if the show up Friday and bang out the greatest hits and leave. At that point why waste the gas in the private jet

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe they could save the gas money and just drop a copy of "IE Live from Paris" in a DVD machine and project it for the iheart crowd or at the Fremont Street Experience.... and after about 6 songs Bono could come out alone and talk about having to "go away and dream it all up again"

Too bad the poll doesn't come with odds and a betting window.

At 15 to 1 I'm on one new song, a bunch of warhorses and no news about the future album or tour.

20 to 1, Miracle does not open iHeart.

I love all this panic even though we technically heard an entirely new U2 song just a few weeks back. So weird how all of that played out, and that there are essentially no traces of it anywhere online.

It leaves me optimistic. I could see them playing it at the event – could explain why they wanted to take it down.

We were all optimistic when we saw U2 release a single and commercial at the super bowl, and then book themselves on Jimmy Fallon's tonight show premiere.

I will never again believe anything this band says until it's officially official.

Hi Jim, Team GB in tha house :D

I think there are enough big current pop stars playing, Sia, Drake, Ariana, One Republic, Pitbull and Britney still counts I guess, and most are promoting new stuff it seems, although I do see where you are coming from. I'm sure U2 only want to reach a large proportion of the US pop music audience I guess. It's not exactly the best bands and artists in the world, just some very popular ones.

Who knows at the moment what will go down? maybe they will duet with Sia? and then Britney and Ariana will dance dirty with Bono to Mysterious Ways...:dancing:

I'm only half joking too :D

Anything or nothing could happen, we just don't know :shrug:

Iheartradio is iheartmedia, which is clear channel. Something like 600 major stations across the country. The weird lineup is because they are representing multiple genres because of the different stations they have.

The show itself is not a huge deal in comparison to the radio play that would hopefully follow.

We were all optimistic when we saw U2 release a single and commercial at the super bowl, and then book themselves on Jimmy Fallon's tonight show premiere.

I will never again believe anything this band says until it's officially official.

But you'll believe a random posters on the internet?

Didn't the Fallon thing get canceled because of Bono's accident?

U2 have officially made iHeart official, why panic now?

RD's inside source believes some weird and serious shit is going down.

RD's a nice guy and he's been around for a long time, but he's never claimed a source before, that I can recall, and he's so coy and vague with this one that I can't help but be skeptical.

But you'll believe a random posters on the internet?

Didn't the Fallon thing get canceled because of Bono's accident?

U2 have officially made iHeart official, why panic now?

I actually refer to the first time they played Fallon in early 2014, right after the super bowl. Things seemed to be kicking off... But then we waited 6 more months.

Yo, RD, what was your choice in the poll? I noticed there wasn't an option to vote that U2 wouldn't even show on Friday.

I actually refer to the first time they played Fallon in early 2014, right after the super bowl. Things seemed to be kicking off... But then we waited 6 more months.

Yes, I remember the performance but forgot that was the premiere.

Fair enough if U2 mention at iHeart that the album isn't finished/hope to be on the road soon, etc... that would be disappointing, but I'd be more worried if the album/tour don't even get mentioned at the upcoming appearances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh. Oh!

That Fallon thing makes it clear.

Dollars to donuts TBT is intended to be the next single, but it's different and dancey and, like all post-1985 U2, it absolutely HAS to work in a live setting.

This iHeart Radio thingie is to test not only how the single does, but with how well U2 does with the single. Does it work live? Are they comfortable? Is it lame?

If the answer is an Invisible-like "no" then we have a few months of tinkering ahead of us. If it does go off for them and they think the song -- likely indicative of much of the sound of SOE -- will work in a live setting, we'll get an album.

They have nothing to lose by holding an album that doesn't play well for a few months until 1q2017 when the tour will be at the earliest in the spring.

I think this is a test drive.

(And I love Invisible on the album)

I have no idea what to think at this point. My only saving thought is that 4 men of considerable success cannot lack judgement to this level. Maybe McGuine$$ was the brains all along...

I saw Adele tonight, and while she's not necessarily my cup of tea, her talent and charisma was amazing. What struck me more than anything was just how comfortable she was with herself and her art, and how she doesn't really care if you like it or not but has the confidence in the material to know that you will...

U2 used to have that. Somewhere along the line they lost it. Not the talent. The confidence

I think RD passes just on what he heard... without wanting to look smart or "being in the know and you are not"... he wants to share information. That is a nice move and I thank him for that.

The info he got is another story..., the "New Song announcement by today or it does not happen this year".... and the "band might not play iHeart" quotes are totally contrary to what we see from the band ... they are all relaxed because they still stick to their plan.... or they have scrapped their plan and have no worries about time constraints

Last edited:
Rick Rubin
Paul Epworth
Chris Martin
George Clinton
Jerry Harrison
Steve Albini
Trent Reznor
Joylon Thomas
Mark Ronson
Puff Daddy
P Diddy
Sean Combs
Andy Barlow
Jimmy Iovine
Phil Spector
Timbaland
Dr. Dre
Butch Vig
Pharrell
Quincy Jones
Max Martin
Will.i.am
Kanye West
Kim Kardashian
Kourtney Kardashian
Khloe Kardashian
Rob Kardashian
Kris Kardashian
Chris Brown
George Clooney
Nigel Godrich
Mutt Lange
Brendan O'Brien
Bob Rock
Alan Parsons

Confirmed rumour: U2 to release 6-track, 70 minute epic prog rock album produced by Alan Parsons!

When Dave Seville was asked about how well the sessions with U2 went his only reply was: "Bonoooooooooooooooo!!!!"

Just wait until they play "Ordinary Love" and Bono comes up with some super cheesy tie-in to iHeart radio with the "your heart is on my sleeve" line.

Yikes. I can now not NOT see this happening

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I saw Adele tonight, and while she's not necessarily my cup of tea, her talent and charisma was amazing. What struck me more than anything was just how comfortable she was with herself and her art, and how she doesn't really care if you like it or not but has the confidence in the material to know that you will...

U2 used to have that. Somewhere along the line they lost it. Not the talent. The confidence

Adele is one person, who can do whatever the hell she wants whenever the hell she feels like it.

It's harder for U2 since they're a four-person unit where everyone gets an equal voice and nothing happens until all four are satisfied. The "three of them like it, one of them doesn't" rumour is frustrating but that is how U2 has worked for 40 years. If it was any other way, quite possibly the band breaks up years ago.

Adele hasn't had her POP yet.
Why would she doubt her audience loves everything she does?
Her sales figures indicate that they do.

Adele hasn't had her POP yet.
Why would she doubt her audience loves everything she does?
Her sales figures indicate that they do.
Two things...

First, I was buzzed when I made that post so it could all be bullshit

Second, in regards to your post... that's not the point (and the complete point, actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom