Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of our madeup rumor timelines are panning out.........U2 must have delayed the album to 2018!

Could just be the album/single needs a little more work, and they acknowledge the silliness of playing this friday gig with nothing to show for it. Maybe it could be delayed by a few weeks/ a month rather than into 2017.

Surely be even more silly cancelling a gig the week it takes place?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

agreed that it sure beats the leak puns!

Nothing beats the leak puns!!

But thanks for keeping us in the loop. Up to us to digest it, take it or (wait for it) leak it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Without sounding like that guy, is this from a good source? And surely things are getting late in the day to be pulling out?

Industry person.
Thanks to this person, I knew about Lillywhite in August, so I think they're good

They are as confused as we are though. haha

Registered Dude did know about Lillywhite befote it was made public, so there's that. And if this is coming from the same source it can't be completely ruled out... but I'm not going to believe it until it actually happens... as it would be just plain bat shit stupid for them to pull out now over creative differences over a song/album.

So unless there's a major problem... medical or otherwise... I have to believe they're going to play.

Industry person.

Thanks to this person, I knew about Lillywhite in August, so I think they're good

They are as confused as we are though. haha

Wow ok well I can only hope they are wrong on this occasion

Registered Dude did know about Lillywhite befote it was made public, so there's that. And if this is coming from the same source it can't be completely ruled out... but I'm not going to believe it until it actually happens... as it would be just plain bat shit stupid for them to pull out now over creative differences over a song/album.

So unless there's a major problem... medical or otherwise... I have to believe they're going to play.

It is all a little concerning

A potential health issue has concerned me for some time, being these guys all smoke and are in their mid 50's - not to mention they are currently hanging around with Chainsmokers! This can't be good for them! :(

Hey, as I said before maybe U2 isn't going to play iHeart, but some well known DJ's (hip with the young crowd) are going to play some U2 music.... Kygo is scheduled for NYC on 10/1. Skrillex will be in Las Vegas on the 23rd.

IMO if they don't pull out today then they won't pull out at all

I guess it's not the most used strategy out there, but why are we so sure they wouldn't drop it at the show?

To me, that's a pretty big buzz from a band like that to just go on stage and say "here's our new single" and play it. Who cares if no one has heard it before? That's actually an advantage. Everyone would pay attention and scramble online afterwards to hear it again.

Bingo! My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my SM-G930T using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, "the band may not play iheart" doesn't say they won't. Wouldn't it be possible that this is a legit info and the band still plays on friday? I mean, we've heard before that one band member is unhappy with the album. Maybe that caused them & their management to say it would be stupid to play iheart without anything new. So they questioned their presence at the festival. But now for whatever reason (maybe Lillywhite or recent rehearsals) they're confident enough to play iheart, including a new single probably. What I'm trying to say is that Registered Dude's source may be right but it doesn't mean that the band really pulled out. I guess we would have heard of that by now.

Wow how long have I been out the loop, who says a band member isn't happy with the album?

It's far more likely that they'd announce today that they're pulling out than later in the week. The later into the week we go with no news, the more optimistic this looks (which, ironically, is the complete opposite of how i felt this morning).

As it stands, even pulling out right now would be absurdly short notice. When we heard grumblings about 'cold feet' a couple of weeks ago, that's when it would've made most sense to pull out.

I'm hoping that the current silence indicates that whatever trepidations they had about playing have come and gone.

someone should wake up Dan Smee and tell him not to bother getting out of bed in the morning

Wow how long have I been out the loop, who says a band member isn't happy with the album?

Gosh, I think Dan's source said that. Not quite sure anymore. But we did discuss this a few days / weeks back. I loose track of time on interference :lol:

O5EprVj.jpg

I guess it's not the most used strategy out there, but why are we so sure they wouldn't drop it at the show?

To me, that's a pretty big buzz from a band like that to just go on stage and say "here's our new single" and play it. Who cares if no one has heard it before? That's actually an advantage. Everyone would pay attention and scramble online afterwards to hear it again.

It's possible, but i think it would be a lot more likely if the show was broadcast live. This won't be like Glastonbury or the Apple conference - it's not live, and it's nowhere near as big or as well known.

It makes sense as a platform to perform/promote the single, but not to launch it to the world. I think it would make more sense to do that in the days beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom