Songs of experience - will this be the thread that we see new music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this signals that they are available at the end of the year. In tour shape, on the road, etc. That seems like something that would happen after the album is released.

What is Dreamforce?? Just a conference (cash grab)?

Why would U2 play this event as the 1st show to promote SOE?
Salesforce is the tour sponsor, and I think it's going to be a warm-up show prior to restarting the tour.

To me this signals that they are available at the end of the year. In tour shape, on the road, etc. That seems like something that would happen after the album is released.

This. I would think U2 would want to be a bit more polished vs the Apple show (Mircale debut).

Regardless, it looks like U2 will have some new music to play :up:

I'm going to really spend some time updating my account plans in Salesforce today now. Can't wait for the Experience

Yeah if they're restarting the tour this autumn they would have had to announce it rather soon.. And even then it would be way late for U2's usual super early tour date announcements.

It would make more sense to announce the tour the days before Dreamforce and using the concert to boost sales.
They could spend the last quarter of the year promoting the new album (which they have not done for SOI for the reasons we all know) through TV appearances and special gigs.

I think the good news here is that it's very unlikely that U2 would headline a show for the sponsor of their tour for something that has nothing to do with promoting their tour, and they have been clear that the reboot of the tour and new album will go hand in hand.

Believe we'll get the in-between: not a quick 3 or 4 song playlist nor a 22-song tour setlist. Enough room for classics, stuff for SoI, and the new single, maybe 1 or 2 other new songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom