Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that depends on track lengths. If the North Star remix is truly 11 minutes long, they'll need bigger CDs.

Well yeah, that's why I said "depending on track lengths of course" lol

Some bands manage to squeeze in 20 songs of short length.

Whereas bands like Pink Floyd would struggle to get that many lol.

The Crystal ballroom is one of the best tracks theve done in years in my opinion, mental that they didn't put it on the album or even release it as a single

Hallelujah!! Such a great song. Should have been the lead single. The most agregious omission I’ve seen from them.

Yeah but the North West Star Kardashian Trance Mix will make up for that.

Also, you still in NZ?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] fair point. I suppose 16 is mild versus that. Tbh I think after the iPhone thing, they should've just embraced the role and done whatever they wanted.

Maybe it is what they want, though?

And yeah I'm in Queenstown now. Flying to Singapore soon though.

IMG_6683.JPG

Say hello to this kea I met.

God, I know right?? Giving an incentive for someone who otherwise wouldn't buy it is an awful business plan!

I was thinking of it from an artistic standpoint, but from a business standpoint it makes no sense to relegate the new album, which is an ad for the tour, to secondary status. It would further emphasize the past when what they want to do is sell the present and future.

If only SOI had Mercy then it would have been a great album. ;). Yeah I went there just for fun. Why didn’t they just keep it on Bomb and we wouldn’t have to have these conversations over the last 13 years. :)

I was thinking of it from an artistic standpoint, but from a business standpoint it makes no sense to relegate the new album, which is an ad for the tour, to secondary status. It would further emphasize the past when what they want to do is sell the present and future.
Putting the JT30 recording would be a nice bonus... you're grossly overestimating the popularity of the live recording on its own.

Nobody would buy the new album just to get a potential JT30 live recording... but if you were on the fence, it would be a nice bonus.

Kea are undoubtedly the baddest thing to ever happen a bird. Nasty, beautiful, cheeky. Proper birds them.

Hope you got some tranquility there. Killer walks abound.

That thing was a total gangster. He let me get so close, too. But he wasn't like, out to get me. He didn't give a shit that I was there, that's what was so cool about it. It was almost like a dog.

I had many feels, though it was more of an exhausting thrill due to weather conditions. It was raining, all I had was a trash bag poncho and a non-waterproof camera.... and it had just snowed and was right between 3-7° all day.

So I did what was natural and took all my clothes off on the boat (but the pants) and shielded my camera as I got right under the water falls and got drenched wet.

IMG_6670.JPG

Also Bono Bono U2 Larry Adam Edge One Tree Hill

View attachment 11505

Say hello to this kea I met.

I once saw some stupid tourists in the Waimakariri Gorge who dangled their keys to lure a kea towards them. Those dumb fuckers almost lost their fingers. Kea don't have scruples and those beaks can do real damage.

Before they showed up I'd just been taking photos of the bird chilling, hoping he or she wouldn't go for the rubber on the car we'd rented.

Don't worry Jarvio, the joke is on me. Because I'm not nearly funny enough.

Well, I laughed.

What if Nick Cave had released The Lyre of Orpheus in 2004 and Abbatoir Blues in 2010, while talking a great game for much of the intervening six years?

Were Edge and Morleigh even married at that point?

From what I could tell, Edge and Morleigh's relationship grew as the Zoo TV tour went along. So it's possible that Bono and Morleigh's choreographed dance was going on before she and Edge were an "item". There was some other girl who did the MW dance for the first 2 legs, then she had to get back to her real life and Morleigh then took over the role.

- Source, Bill Flanagan's "U2 at the end of the world". If you read it enough times, as I did when I was a teenager, you'll feel like you were actually there, and part of the Zoo TV crew.

A couple of quick things. Looks like the U2 appearance on Fallon will be rerun on the 20th. Maybe some people might see it this time since it isn't going to be on at 2am.

Also, can anyone give me the origin of the October 20th information that the band will be doing an announcement? We keep discussing it, but I just realized I never knew how that info came to be

thanks

A couple of quick things. Looks like the U2 appearance on Fallon will be rerun on the 20th. Maybe some people might see it this time since it isn't going to be on at 2am.

Also, can anyone give me the origin of the October 20th information that the band will be doing an announcement? We keep discussing it, but I just realized I never knew how that info came to be

thanks
I don't think we know for sure. I'm guessing it will be a u2.com announcement.

This is why we need a like button. I have no reply other than thanks for posting.

You're most welcome. It's cool to hear the sort of philosophy of this album that we keep getting mentions of from Bono. The overall theme being, what would you want to say to those you love if it was your last chance to tell them something...
We keep getting the eluding to - the end. Whether this is just the concept for this album or not, it does get you feeling like the band is seeing the sunset and reflecting on the important personal feelings that go along with that.

Now that could mean things could get a little cheesy or a little lame lyric-wise on that path, if not done just right. My hope is that it translates really well, like i think it does in Little Things, and to a level in TBT as well.

will be cool to hear what else he has to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom