Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SOI tracks that didn't make the album were songs I preferred to most of the actual album, which annoyed me. Hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

The SOI tracks that didn't make the album were songs I preferred to most of the actual album, which annoyed me. Hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

i'm happy with the SOI tracks - Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands are basically Abba and T-Rex covers respectively :tsk:

i'm happy with the SOI tracks - Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands are basically Abba and T-Rex covers respectively :tsk:

To me they beat everything that isn't The Troubles, Cedarwood Road, and Raised By Wolves. Possibly even beating 1 or 2 of those, not sure.

Whatever the point is it's a terrible idea because it would overshadow SOE and be begging a comparison between the two, and that would be unfair to SOE. It would be cool if the bonus disc was alt versions of SoE songs though.

Whatever the point is it's a terrible idea because it would overshadow SOE and be begging a comparison between the two, and that would be unfair to SOE. It would be cool if the bonus disc was alt versions of SoE songs though.
God, I know right?? Giving an incentive for someone who otherwise wouldn't buy it is an awful business plan!

If the idea of SOE is to bring back some lost fans from the last couple of albums,then they have a chance to succeed.But if the idea is to win some new fans,then it will fail big time.Because every one who will buy a copy of SOE already has a U2 CD/Album/digital copy.

Nobody will ever say " My first U2 album that i bought was SOE"

I jus t hope we get more new songs apart from the album. SOI was cool because we got 4 seperate songs as well although 2 of them (OL and inv.) were released before I still consider them as part of SOI. If we get 4 more songs with SOE I'll be a happy camper.

The Crystal ballroom is one of the best tracks theve done in years in my opinion, mental that they didn't put it on the album or even release it as a single

Dunno why they couldn't just slap all 16 on the album tbh. Would make a nice refreshing change.

Slapping all 16, at this point in U2's career, screams "love me, loooovvvveeee meeee."

Let's be honest. There are some songs that suck in that 16.

Dunno why they couldn't just slap all 16 on the album tbh. Would make a nice refreshing change.

I hate long albums myself, if there's 16 tracks on it you know for sure there's gonna be a fair few duds.11 tracks is plenty for me to digest,16 is way to many in my opinion

12 songs on the album and then use the other 4 as bsides to singles or add them to the deluxe edition(4 new songs, a few remixes and a few alternate mixes+ live cut of TBT and Little Things recorded from JT 2017). I mean, all of us would love that as long as the live cut of TBT isn’t from San Diego.

Cause it'd make the compact disks so big they wouldn't fit in our diskmans.

Time limits on CDs tend to run out at about 18 tracks, depending on track lengths of course.

Last edited:
Slapping all 16, at this point in U2's career, screams "love me, loooovvvveeee meeee."

Let's be honest. There are some songs that suck in that 16.

I guess so. But unfortunately for me, some of those sucky songs make the album and good ones don't (referring to SOI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom