Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More stuff on u2songs now. Kind of surprised they are touring the US next year, feels like demand has been met for the short term.

I agree but if they are playing arenas, I think there will be plenty of demand. Heck, with U2s built in traveling fan base they already sold out a quarter of the seats in all those arenas :)

That move also allows them to put tickets on sale prior to the albums release and then bundle the ticket sales with the CD sales (I think Dan Smee mentioned this tactic as well as others). From what I read, Pink sold 384k albums this week(opening week) of which 200k came from “bundles”, which I think are the concert tickets+CD sales.

I agree but if they are playing arenas, I think there will be plenty of demand. Heck, with U2s built in traveling fan base they already sold out a quarter of the seats in all those arenas :)

That move also allows them to put tickets on sale prior to the albums release and then bundle the ticket sales with the CD sales (I think Dan Smee mentioned this tactic as well as others). From what I read, Pink sold 384k albums this week(opening week) of which 200k came from “bundles”, which I think are the concert tickets+CD sales.

Remember that the tour won't necessarily start in North America.

They should start it in Scandinavia since they sh****d on us on the TJT.

I mean... they went to Amsterdam. I know that's not Scandinavia, but many people from within their own countries had to travel just as far. You can't expect them to stop everywhere. I was in Toulouse... I don't think it made a difference if I wanted Paris or Barcelona or London.

What's awkward IMO was avoiding Australia/NZ with TJT... the album pairs up there in content very well. Should've been celebrated there.

I mean... they went to Amsterdam. I know that's not Scandinavia, but many people from within their own countries had to travel just as far. You can't expect them to stop everywhere. I was in Toulouse... I don't think it made a difference if I wanted Paris or Barcelona or London.

What's awkward IMO was avoiding Australia/NZ with TJT... the album pairs up there in content very well. Should've been celebrated there.
You are right! I went to Dublin![emoji3]

Seems they're playing some of the album for some musicians in Sao Paolo today. Can't tell what song he's talking about though.

https://instagram.com/p/BahVk51gPZI/

What ever it is, there is a “string” version on the deluxe album. Before this place let’s down, that doesn’t mean acoustic necessarily but it could be an alternative version with strings(think maybe Please).

Either way, he considers the album version to be a “ridiculous” rock version, which I translate to mean in your face/kick ass.

The Lights Of Home based on a song by someone else? I do not like that information.

The Lights Of Home based on a song by someone else? I do not like that information.

That part confused me too. I looked up the song and well....I didn’t really care for it.

Last edited:
If the E&I tour starts in late May,early June,then they could wait in January for announcing it....just like for the JT tour.

Kendrick is actually going to be on the album... that is awesome.

Interesting to read about some titles maybe getting swapped around. Sounds like we are close to having things become official!

awesome.. Kendrick! Haim!

Weird to see only those two guests mentioned; wasn't Lady Gaga mentioned by someone from one of the listening parties as doing backing vocals on Summer of Love?

:rolleyes:

Oh boo fucking hoo. The band used samples on half the songs from Pop, to great results. Who cares if they used someone else's work as a jumping-off point? Kendrick borrowed an element from U2's sessions and wound up making a brilliant track out of it, it's nice to see artists being inspired by each other, and to see an older band not too stuck in their ways to incorporate something a younger band came up with.

Experimentation is a good thing.

There is a Light must be Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way seeing as it's supposedly addressed to Bono's sons. Looks like little things may have been pushed to the deluxe version or maybe even got axed :/

There is a Light must be Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way seeing as it's supposedly addressed to Bono's sons. Looks like little things may have been pushed to the deluxe version or maybe even got axed :/

I highly doubt this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom